babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Indian version of an evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well.... I can't tell the difference, other than it says "MoonRover" on it.
Oh dear

The Chinese will be next, like the cherry rav 4 lookalike
Are JLR owners not TATA who I think are Indian Smile
There was an item in the motoring news earlier this year that to get around putative import taxes in India Tata/ Land Rover would be importing Knock Down kits for both Evoque and Freelaner 2 to be built only for the Undian market at a Tata factory in Gujerat State I think it was
I like it..............not Laughing
If they even sell one of those, I will be shocked....
It's not an Evoque kit build, though, it's a customised Tata Safari. Because they are stuck with the basic shape of the donor car, all they've achieved is to add a few Evoque-like trimmings.....and it looks as bad as that makes it sound!

If they actually assemble Evoques from kits, though, as Tim has mentioned possible plans for, what's to stop Tata importing them to the UK, rather than make them here?
Ummm I've now been able to see the picture........... Definitely a Tata Safari after a major bit of surgery
(19-07-2012 08:57pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]It's not an Evoque kit build, though, it's a customised Tata Safari. Because they are stuck with the basic shape of the donor car, all they've achieved is to add a few Evoque-like trimmings.....and it looks as bad as that makes it sound!

If they actually assemble Evoques from kits, though, as Tim has mentioned possible plans for, what's to stop Tata importing them to the UK, rather than make them here?
Hopefully import duties will stop them importing. Bang up to date though with the LR badge on the grill!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's