babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dead Battery.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mad The dash came up with "LOW BATTERY" twice on Saturday when I used the car then didn't use it on Sunday or Monday. Tuesday used it & drove 4 miles to Rochester to valet a Mercedes & when I pressed the button it clicked & that was it.

Called out LR Assist who luckily were not too far away who jumped it & did a quick test to show battery and alternator are ok. I said I do a lot of short journeys & he said that I was probably taking more out of the battery than putting in. One reason I bought the petrol was to avoid this very problem with a diesel though my TD4 Freelander was used for the same purpose & that never had a flat battery.

I have booked it into Harwoods on Monday & they said that short journeys shouldn't cause this?

Could be that the Evoque like many other modern cars simply have far too many electric gizmos that kill battery's. & the fact that you can't use the TV or stereo for more than a few minutes with the engine off is proof of this & the only thing that I find very annoying with this car!
Assuming you still have the original battery, what was the battery supplied...?
Battery is still on the car but I can't see who makes it.
Left the Evoque on trickle charge tonight & went out in the trusty Rover 25!!
It's interesting (for me anyway) to look under the battery cover. First, the battery is mounted longitudinally instead of transversally and from memory is not a straightforward removal. Then, there are some unusual terminal arrangements which seem to be for monitoring the battery current draw quite accurately. There's mention in the manual that battery replacement requires special tools but that may just be a ploy to get you to the LR dealer to pay inflated prices.
Reference URL's