babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Autocar ..... Evoque vs Rivals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tomorrows Autocar Evoque vs Rivals... should be very interesting.
Blimey they aren't have spinning it out - that's the third week now!
Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!
(19-07-2011 04:47pm)evoqueboy Wrote: [ -> ]Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what they pitch it against. With Dynamic & Prestige I really don't think it competes with Audi Q3 and BMW X1 (which I think is on the front cover) - more like X3's Q5's and E Class Coupes. Personally I think it would be madness to spec a Q3 or X1 to £40K+ .... I suppose only time will tell if it was madness to spec my Evoque to that level... however from the small amount I've seen of the car I feel comfortable at the moment. Most people thought BMW wouldn't sell many £20K+ 3.7m Minis but I bet a good 40 -50% (or maybe higher) are at that level ...... not counting the £41K Goodwood ones!
(19-07-2011 05:22pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2011 04:47pm)evoqueboy Wrote: [ -> ]Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what they pitch it against. With Dynamic & Prestige I really don't think it competes with Audi Q3 and BMW X1 (which I think is on the front cover) - more like X3's Q5's and E Class Coupes. Personally I think it would be madness to spec a Q3 or X1 to £40K+ .... I suppose only time will tell if it was madness to spec my Evoque to that level... however from the small amount I've seen of the car I feel comfortable at the moment. Most people thought BMW wouldn't sell many £20K+ 3.7m Minis but I bet a good 40 -50% (or maybe higher) are at that level ...... not counting the £41K Goodwood ones!
Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes
(19-07-2011 07:16pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes

I probably should have explained myself better. All the road tests up until now have been either Prestige’s or Dynamics. If the Autocar test uses a Prestige with its base price of £38K plus options vs even an S Line Q3 at £31k to my mind it wouldn't be a sensible "Rivals" test. If they are pitching the Evoque against the X1 and Q3 then I hope they are using an equivalently speced Pure. If they are using a Prestige or Dynamic then (IMO) they should pitch it against X3's, Q5's or E Class Coupes – to get a fair comparison - as I say just my opinion.
(19-07-2011 08:18pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2011 07:16pm)Wicksy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes

I probably should have explained myself better. All the road tests up until now have been either Prestige’s or Dynamics. If the Autocar test uses a Prestige with its base price of £38K plus options vs even an S Line Q3 at £31k to my mind it wouldn't be a sensible "Rivals" test. If they are pitching the Evoque against the X1 and Q3 then I hope they are using an equivalently speced Pure. If they are using a Prestige or Dynamic then (IMO) they should pitch it against X3's, Q5's or E Class Coupes – to get a fair comparison - as I say just my opinion.

As cost must be the highest consideration for the majority of car buyers, I agree that road tests should be of comparable buying and running cost (perhaps a maximum of 10% difference).

It would appear that the size of the Evoque pitches it against the Q3 and X1 but the price (unless Pure with just a few extras), pitches it against the Q5 and X3. IMO, it's function might be matched but it's style and image is unsurpassed.
They would make sense, auto express out tomorrow pitches evoque vs FFRR and A5!
I thought Autocar already compared the Evoque to X3 in the dynamics department and the X3 won...
The Evoque won! Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's