Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autocar ..... Evoque vs Rivals
Blackseries

Autocar ..... Evoque vs Rivals

Tomorrows Autocar Evoque vs Rivals... should be very interesting.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-07-2011 02:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

RE: Autocar ..... Evoque vs Rivals

Blimey they aren't have spinning it out - that's the third week now!
19-07-2011 03:58pm
evoqueboy

Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!
19-07-2011 04:47pm
Blackseries

(19-07-2011 04:47pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what they pitch it against. With Dynamic & Prestige I really don't think it competes with Audi Q3 and BMW X1 (which I think is on the front cover) - more like X3's Q5's and E Class Coupes. Personally I think it would be madness to spec a Q3 or X1 to £40K+ .... I suppose only time will tell if it was madness to spec my Evoque to that level... however from the small amount I've seen of the car I feel comfortable at the moment. Most people thought BMW wouldn't sell many £20K+ 3.7m Minis but I bet a good 40 -50% (or maybe higher) are at that level ...... not counting the £41K Goodwood ones!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-07-2011 05:22pm
Wicksy

(19-07-2011 05:22pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(19-07-2011 04:47pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  Rivals? What rivals! Lol for me the Evoque is in a class of it's own and has set the benchmark for all to copy again!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what they pitch it against. With Dynamic & Prestige I really don't think it competes with Audi Q3 and BMW X1 (which I think is on the front cover) - more like X3's Q5's and E Class Coupes. Personally I think it would be madness to spec a Q3 or X1 to £40K+ .... I suppose only time will tell if it was madness to spec my Evoque to that level... however from the small amount I've seen of the car I feel comfortable at the moment. Most people thought BMW wouldn't sell many £20K+ 3.7m Minis but I bet a good 40 -50% (or maybe higher) are at that level ...... not counting the £41K Goodwood ones!
Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes
19-07-2011 07:16pm
Blackseries

(19-07-2011 07:16pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes

I probably should have explained myself better. All the road tests up until now have been either Prestige’s or Dynamics. If the Autocar test uses a Prestige with its base price of £38K plus options vs even an S Line Q3 at £31k to my mind it wouldn't be a sensible "Rivals" test. If they are pitching the Evoque against the X1 and Q3 then I hope they are using an equivalently speced Pure. If they are using a Prestige or Dynamic then (IMO) they should pitch it against X3's, Q5's or E Class Coupes – to get a fair comparison - as I say just my opinion.

19-07-2011 08:18pm
brommy

(19-07-2011 08:18pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(19-07-2011 07:16pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Yes, with the Pure having slightly poorer leather and a chrome strip missing here and there it's only right that it should compete with the class belowRolling Eyes

I probably should have explained myself better. All the road tests up until now have been either Prestige’s or Dynamics. If the Autocar test uses a Prestige with its base price of £38K plus options vs even an S Line Q3 at £31k to my mind it wouldn't be a sensible "Rivals" test. If they are pitching the Evoque against the X1 and Q3 then I hope they are using an equivalently speced Pure. If they are using a Prestige or Dynamic then (IMO) they should pitch it against X3's, Q5's or E Class Coupes – to get a fair comparison - as I say just my opinion.

As cost must be the highest consideration for the majority of car buyers, I agree that road tests should be of comparable buying and running cost (perhaps a maximum of 10% difference).

It would appear that the size of the Evoque pitches it against the Q3 and X1 but the price (unless Pure with just a few extras), pitches it against the Q5 and X3. IMO, it's function might be matched but it's style and image is unsurpassed.
19-07-2011 08:41pm
pureevoque

They would make sense, auto express out tomorrow pitches evoque vs FFRR and A5!

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
19-07-2011 08:56pm
Gorjan

I thought Autocar already compared the Evoque to X3 in the dynamics department and the X3 won...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
19-07-2011 09:04pm
evoqueboy

The Evoque won! Smile
20-07-2011 09:55am