babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Mud Flaps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only driven 150 mile but am thinking I should have had Mud Flaps fitted.

What's the general opinion and are the easy to fit yourself?
(08-07-2012 02:38pm)Kentboy Wrote: [ -> ]Only driven 150 mile but am thinking I should have had Mud Flaps fitted.

What's the general opinion and are the easy to fit yourself?

Certainly not easy, but not beyond the average DIY type. It will be easier if you can take the wheels off, but not impossible without. (I managed).

From what I've heard, LR dealers don't do a great job, so you'll probably get at least as good a result. (I fitted my own - I didn't want to pay £100 to have it done by the dealer - and, when I was collecting some wheels from a different dealer, another customer fetched the salesman over and said "THAT'S how I want mine", as he'd has his back twice as he wasn't satisfied with all the gaps, and lack of adhesion of the front pair).
I'm having mine fitted FOC by my dealer.....
Thanks for posting ths, reminds me that I need to have set to try and reduce the tar spots up the front doors!
They definitely help with the tar spots, but you still get some tar up the doors.
I will doctor them with my see through flexible add on bits like I have for my Defender
(08-07-2012 07:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I will doctor them with my see through flexible add on bits like I have for my Defender

?? - pls explain more xfft
(08-07-2012 08:10pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]?? - pls explain more xfft

I think he means extend them downwards/outwards with see-through material that doesn't show.
I fitted mine myself. Front ones are pretty easy. To make life simple, turn the wheels full lock in the direction of the one you are doing (right wheel - right lock etc).
Back ones more tricky, but jack it up and take the wheels off its a 15 minute per side job.
My experience different. With the Dynamic, the rears are easy and fit well, the fronts are difficult and rely on drilling a hole in the sill. In both cases, easiest if you remove the wheels.

Edit: if you believe the instructions, the mud-flaps are meant to take just 12 minutes a side to fit. If that is the time allowed at the LR dealer, I can't see how they can do a proper job in the time, even for someone who has done it before. The video on this forum took a short cut and I imagine the LR technicians will be tempted to do the same. If you have no DIY ability, get the dealer to do it, otherwise a couple of hours of your time will achieve a better-looking result.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's