babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Head light washers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Might be a silly question, but how do you activate the headlight washers? Do the come on when you put the screen washers on ?

Has anyone seem them working?
They come on when you operate your windscreen washers whilst your headlights are on. If your water is to low they won't work but still give you a bit more time with the screen washer until you top up. You can usually see a mist coming off the headlights when they work
Also they are sequential, rather than washing both together first the drivers side washes the the passenger side, like Audis do! Also to save water you get the lamp washer comes on once for every 4 or 5 times you wash the screen
Thank you
Smile
I thought it was once every 10 squirts, and then it is as Tim says, alternate washers.
Eg, 10, then drivers, 10, then passenger etc etc
Well I didn't know that, thought it was both lenses every 4th of 5th wash.

These forums are so informative, don't need the owners manual.Thumbs UpThumbs Up
I'm certain it's both lights one after the other, not separated by so many squirts. I've used them a lot in night driving this spring when there were a lot of bugs out at night
(30-06-2012 10:33am)griff Wrote: [ -> ]They come on when you operate your windscreen washers. You can usually see a mist coming off the headlights when they work

Yes,,,,so much mist it covers the damn car.
Owner's Handbook, page 44

"HEADLAMP WASHERS

The optional headlamp power wash operates automatically with the windscreen wash and will operate only If the headlamps are switched on and there is sufficient washer fluid in the reservoir.

Headlamp wash operates every fourth operation of the screen washers, provided the headlamps are still switched on and approximately ten minutes have elapsed since the last headlamp wash.

Switching the headlamps or ignition off and back on again, will reset the cycle."
Are you saying that the information was in the manual all the time ?!?! Gee that seems like a handy book, maybe they ought to give a copy away with each car as info like that might come in handy Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's