babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Range Rover Evoque - Stolen to Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

Just a warning. We run a couple of Range Rover Evoque's on our Short Term Car Leasing fleet, we recently had a customer in Scotland have his Evoque stolen. Luckily, a tracker had been fitted and the police recovered the vehicle.

Having spoken to the police, they said that the Evoque is the latest car to be on the "Stolen to Order" list, so please everyone beware.

Thanks

Rhys
Didn't think it would be long to be honest.......must find that lead so we can hook the car up to the mains power overnight! Idea
(17-06-2012 11:38pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't think it would be long to be honest.......must find that lead so we can hook the car up to the mains power overnight! Idea

LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!
(17-06-2012 11:41pm)rhysadams Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!

Would you want a car back though after it has been stolen & no doubt ragged?
Thanks for the warning. Two years ago my house was turned upside down by a gang who stole nothing. It was reckoned that they were looking for the keys for my last FFRR. First time in 30 years anything remotely criminal had happened in our village. On the same night police were called to two other houses where householders had dusturbed thieves - they also had fairly new Land Rover products sat on their drives.
That's the downside with modern alarms & immobilizers, thieves will now just break into your place for the keys.
(17-06-2012 11:41pm)rhysadams Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! Good plan! The tracker on the vehicle wasn't insurance approved, but the police were very impressed with it! Cost about £275, well worth the money!

What tracker system did the Evoque have installed?
^^ also interested to hear about the tracker.

But much like as said up there, I can't say I am suprised.
I'm still in the 'honeymoon' phase with the car at the moment, so everynight I rearrange the cars to park our Jeep in front of the evoque for a little added protection (whether it is needed or not).
I wouldn't want mine back if it was pinched.......
September 2009 I was on a wonderful holiday in St Lucia. Then I had a text message - "why is your Range Rover Sport not on the drive?"

It had been stolen to order, they broke in through the Anglian double glazed, eight point security locking door with no problem (see break euro lock on you tube). They ripped out the interior looking for a tracker. Tracker then wouldn't turn on the tracker as the dealer I bought a lifetime subscription from hadn't passed it on to tracker! I wonder how many times that happens. Anyway when we did get it turned on the police found the car in Barking within an hour. The car was three months under three years old and I had a gap insurance so if it hadn't been found I would have had a brand new car.

The car was never the same after we got it back.

The police also said the robbers had no idea we were on holiday and would have come in for the keys anyway. It was foreign guys delivering charity clothing bags identifying the car and address and selling it on for a gang to collect.

Given the chance on my new Evoque I would get gap insurance but NOT a tracker.

SCUM
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's