babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Land Rover experience - Scotland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had our complimentary half day at Dunkeld LR experience yesterday as well as an extra hour that the wife bought me for a Xmas present.

Not much to say except WOW, so impressed with what the Evoque can do off road. Not many places where it couldn't go, a few deep rutted areas we couldn't do apart from that covered everywhere. For the hour before we had to use a RRS as the evoque was being used ( not a hardship) great piece of technology except when I broke it and the dash light up like a Xmas tree!!! All fixed after a quick reset and away we went.

Full afternoon on and off road in the Evoque - brilliant, so so impressed and can't wait for delivery next month. The gadgets, technology and ability are amazing, a great car. Didn't want the day to end. The staff at Dunkeld are very good and attentive, highly recommend using the centre.

A strange (hilarious) highlight of the day, whilst in the woods on the 4x4 tracks going up a steep muddy slippery track out of nowhere appeared 2 hill walkers holding a tourist map with lost looks. They waved us to a stop and in a German accent similar to that from 'allo 'allo asked where the hotel was....at which point he slipped on the mud and nearly disappeared off under the car. I don't think my laughing did much for the EU relations!

In a nutshell if you haven't done it or got your free half day voucher, go do it as it was great fun and shows you what the car can do!
It's a great place, been up there a few times, the cars never fail to impress me and the instructors are brilliant.
(12-06-2012 08:15am)Gartly gav Wrote: [ -> ]Had our complimentary half day at Dunkeld LR experience yesterday as well as an extra hour that the wife bought me for a Xmas present.

Not much to say except WOW, so impressed with what the Evoque can do off road. Not many places where it couldn't go, a few deep rutted areas we couldn't do apart from that covered everywhere. For the hour before we had to use a RRS as the evoque was being used ( not a hardship) great piece of technology except when I broke it and the dash light up like a Xmas tree!!! All fixed after a quick reset and away we went.

Full afternoon on and off road in the Evoque - brilliant, so so impressed and can't wait for delivery next month. The gadgets, technology and ability are amazing, a great car. Didn't want the day to end. The staff at Dunkeld are very good and attentive, highly recommend using the centre.

A strange (hilarious) highlight of the day, whilst in the woods on the 4x4 tracks going up a steep muddy slippery track out of nowhere appeared 2 hill walkers holding a tourist map with lost looks. They waved us to a stop and in a German accent similar to that from 'allo 'allo asked where the hotel was....at which point he slipped on the mud and nearly disappeared off under the car. I don't think my laughing did much for the EU relations!

In a nutshell if you haven't done it or got your free half day voucher, go do it as it was great fun and shows you what the car can do!

Gav,

where did you get the complimentary voucher from?
Cheers

Edd
Ask your dealer, they normally have complementary vouchers or sometimes on the LR website they give away free half days, although they haven't done it for a while.
(12-06-2012 03:32pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your dealer, they normally have complementary vouchers or sometimes on the LR website they give away free half days, although they haven't done it for a while.

yeah, we got some from the dealer when we ordered in November and went to Dunkeld a couple of weeks later - drove the Evoque and was impressed, great set up and instructors there Smile
Now we have our own Evoque not really sure it will ever really go too far in the muddy stuff but at least we know what it's capable of and that it is a real LandRover Wink
Edd, I found out from here that the dealers have them. As purchasing from Ogg's in Elgin went back to the salesman And he willingly gave me one. Go ask as something that's got to be experienced, especially in someone's else's car as wouldn't do it in my own Very Happy
A few years ago I ran a full day rental of the LRE Dunkeld for Freelander Club members. Hardly any locals paid up but I got 11 people travelled up from as far south as Billaricay to join on the private day in our own cars, with tuition for those that wanted it. Cost about £50 a car and after playing on the training grounds we went off into the Atholl Estates grounds for the afternoon session. If there are 12-15 members prepared to join in I could try to run another event.
(12-06-2012 06:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]A few years ago I ran a full day rental of the LRE Dunkeld for Freelander Club members. Hardly any locals paid up but I got 11 people travelled up from as far south as Billaricay to join on the private day in our own cars, with tuition for those that wanted it. Cost about £50 a car and after playing on the training grounds we went off into the Atholl Estates grounds for the afternoon session. If there are 12-15 members prepared to join in I could try to run another event.

It's a shame I live down south as I would've seriously been tempted ( with tuition as a bit of a newbie )
I would be interested but would need some notice as I'am working in London for a few weeks this year and being a bus driver our shifts aren't social life friendly.
I'm not even in the UK at the moment so cannot arrange anything. it took over 6 months to arrange last time and I don't know if LRE Dunkeld still opens to clubs or groups but I'm certainly happy to look into it when I get back from my travels, it won't happen ths side of September anyway as in August I have a trip to the south coast and a trip to Svendborg in Denmark on the cards for training courses.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's