babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Spent the day trying to put myself off the car......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have read and read and read Shocked about how other people have 'specced' up their cars and what is important to people - helping me whittle down (or up) my choices.

As I have previously mentioned, I am not particularly happy with the salesman at the dealership as he does not give me any advise and always says he is sitting on the fence - this is unhelpful when it comes to certain spec that I have not used before, for a car that I have driven for half an hour. If it was not for the fact I am in a never ending queue - I would have pulled the order and gone elsewhere. The salesman has done NOTHING to earn his commission - but I will make my opinions count once I get to actually take deliver of the car and fill in the inevitable customer satisfaction form.

I wanted to stay within the £35k boundary as there is no discount and the quoted finance packages are much higher than I have had from Mercedes.

I have had two previous coupes, so this time I want a 5 door. My spec is based on 99% of what I need and 1% on extras I don't need, I just want them Wink

My shopping list is: OG, 5 door auto pure, fog lights, electric tailgate, folding mirrors, mats, rear camera, tech pack, spare wheel,

I asked a question this week about xenons and found to my dismay that the pretty led headliners (I had no idea what that was called before this week, so thanks forum people) only come with the xenons.

I then decided to drag my husband to another dealership to have a good look at the Pure range and see if this car is really for me.

They had a coupe Pure (I have GOT to say - how slow are those seats????:shockSmile. I ignored everything and just sat in the car. The seats are very comfortable for me.

I sat for some time and tried to imagine owning it. Also, Trying to put myself off it.

The dealership had quite a few Evoques to look around - we spent an age in there.

I came home, went straight on the internet and 'tried' to find another 4x4 SUV that compares £ for £ & looks.

There isn't - Basically, I wasted the day! Rolling Eyes

I think my husband will add the xenons to my order on Wednesday.........Laughing
I think the Xenons make the car looks more special. Don't forget about the pano roof - it looks awesome!
(04-06-2012 02:02am)Neo Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Xenons make the car looks more special. Don't forget about the pano roof - it looks awesome!

I am probably weird, but I do not like a pano roof - I have a sun roof on my Mercedes that when closed has a two section panoramic glass. I rarely expose the roof. Only in the rain do I use the open tilt function.

weird to some, I know
+1
leeselee.

Your doing the right thing, a car like this is a major investment and you need to be happy with your choice, one of the statements I agreed with our salesman, hence us pushing the boat out to get a Dynamic.

Sit in as many dealers car as you can, as they are still are fairly rare sight in the UK.

Just to add my two pennies worth, if you opt for Orkney think about the black contrast roof and as may have said before Xenon really are a must.

Finally on the finance front, we went away from the LR deals as they were not good enough, we used Prestige Finance the forum sponsor on here, they were terrific, very helpful, polite and effective getting a really good low APR.

Good luck with your ordering process.
I think the xenons are a must on the pure. I also like the pano roof but maybe it's not for you, but I think it looks better than the body coloured corrugated alternative!
(04-06-2012 08:59am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]leeselee.

Your doing the right thing, a car like this is a major investment and you need to be happy with your choice, one of the statements I agreed with our salesman, hence us pushing the boat out to get a Dynamic.

Sit in as many dealers car as you can, as they are still are fairly rare sight in the UK.

Just to add my two pennies worth, if you opt for Orkney think about the black contrast roof and as may have said before Xenon really are a must.

Finally on the finance front, we went away from the LR deals as they were not good enough, we used Prestige Finance the forum sponsor on here, they were terrific, very helpful, polite and effective getting a really good low APR.

Good luck with your ordering process.

I am happy with the pure, with a few extras.....

xenon decision is made. Husband also said it is a must have now.

I am going to have to be happy with a body coloured roof as I must stop adding stuff on!!! TBH I like it as it is.

We have spoken to Chris from Prestige and found him to be delightful. His advance quotes are very good. Will there be any problem with Prestige working with my LR dealership? How does the process work? sorry - for the last 6 years I have dealt with MB. How do Prestige manage to quote at least 3% lower?

I said I would get quotes from LR, as they said they will quote outside of LR finance, but I cannot see anyone beating Prestige.

Thanks for the help
(04-06-2012 10:17am)caroline11000 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the xenons are a must on the pure. I also like the pano roof but maybe it's not for you, but I think it looks better than the body coloured corrugated alternative!

My current roof came with the pano sunroof - I like to open it when it rains as I cannot open the windows as I get soaked and the windscreen demist sounds like an aeroplane going off and I cant hear the radio or phone conversation!

Can you tell me - are you able to open the windows a bit in the rain without getting soaked? when owning previous 4x4 (Jeep & Misubishi) I had branded rain deflectors - The car is so new, I don't know if LR make them.
Leeselee, it sounds like more than anything else you need to take your business to another dealership. Your avatar says UK, which is a fairly large place with many dealers, but I can recommend you chat to Matthew or Spence at Lookers Park Royal, tell them you are a forum member and need some advice about options. They also carry some Evoques as stock so they may be have something available sooner than your present dealership. It has always been worth my while dealing with them even though I live in Scotland.
(04-06-2012 04:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Leeselee, it sounds like more than anything else you need to take your business to another dealership. Your avatar says UK, which is a fairly large place with many dealers, but I can recommend you chat to Matthew or Spence at Lookers Park Royal, tell them you are a forum member and need some advice about options. They also carry some Evoques as stock so they may be have something available sooner than your present dealership. It has always been worth my while dealing with them even though I live in Scotland.

I went to Lookers Park Royal yesterday to look around.

I cannot pull my order now - I placed it March 1st, I'm quite a way down in the queue...... it would be a waste of three months.

They were nice in there. one of the salesmen was honest and said six months. the receptionist must have thought us quite niave as she assured me they get the highest allocation and with cancellations, I was probably looking at more like 3 months Shocked

anyway, you kindly forum people have answered all my questions so far, thanks to you all!
I think your spec is good and your choices - fogs, tailgate, no pano roof, spare wheel, reversing camera - are all there (or not) for good, practical reasons. The Xenon's add a bit of bling which is fine.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's