babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: DUST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About to enjoy a leisurely day, just wondered if you all have the same problem as we do here at the moment, cleaned the car Thursday, by yesterday morning it was covered in dust, same applies to all the cars in our road.

My son washed his car yesterday and by the time he was finished you could see a film of dust on the roof.

Just annoying.
I have the same problem Andrew. The downside of beautiful weather I suppose.
We are due a rain shower or two later which will help!

Even more annoying for me are the number of dead insects on the windscreen. Either there are more around this year or the car being higher than previous ones is a factor.
Yes, really noticeable on the glass roof...
(27-05-2012 08:29am)LDT Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem Andrew. The downside of beautiful weather I suppose.
We are due a rain shower or two later which will help!

Even more annoying for me are the number of dead insects on the windscreen. Either there are more around this year or the car being higher than previous ones is a factor.

You mass murderer of innocent insects...Evil
Having said that, it's worse driving down the motorway and finding body parts stuck to the bumper, lights and the windscreen especially if it fuji white!Sad
The light coating we are all finding on cars this time of year is mostly Pollen & of course dust blown off the fields.

I use a quick detailer spray to remove all these insects from the paint work. Spray the area & let it soften the insects for a few minutes, but not letting the liquid dryout before very carefully removing.
If you have any water based liquid wax, you can made your own quick spray. Dilution rate of 50/50 with water. The wax will act as a lubricant when mixed with water on the paint work.
The property's of the wax will be lost by diluting it down,But won't do any harm to your paint work.

Happy cleaning Very Happy
(27-05-2012 09:58am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]The light coating we are all finding on cars this time of year is mostly Pollen & of course dust blown off the fields.

I use a quick detailer spray to remove all these insects from the paint work. Spray the area & let it soften the insects for a few minutes, but not letting the liquid dryout before very carefully removing.
If you have any water based liquid wax, you can made your own quick spray. Dilution rate of 50/50 with water. The wax will act as a lubricant when mixed with water on the paint work.
The property's of the wax will be lost by diluting it down,But won't do any harm to your paint work.

Happy cleaning Very Happy

Might I ask what detailers spray you use?
(27-05-2012 10:26am)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]Might I ask what detailers spray you use?

Jitenc,
I'm using C3 smart carnauba by Gtechinq & Meguiars No:34 final inspection at the moment, but have used Chemical Guys speed wipe in the past with very good results.
As these products are only made to bring back that "just waxed look" & don't offer much more protection I buy the ones which I can just wipe on wipe off without any rubbing.
I'm waiting on Rob Earle at GTechniq to get my after care products, I think C2 is best as a detailing spray, but need to get some glass treatment as well.
Yep, my car at the moment looks a pale shade of grey rather than white. I've none of the quick sprays so will have to be a full wash or pop out to halfords and see what they have to offer. I tend to stick with Meguaires but fancy trying GTechniq, will probably end up sitting in the sun doing some online shopping.
Why bother cleaning it, it will be rainy next week and that will do the job for you!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's