babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: My 'used' wait could be over, but...... (Opinions needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I've been looking for a used Dynamic 5-door SD4 or SI4 Lux in Black or OG for several months now with my budget of £40k max (incl an A5 3.0TDI S-line cab part ex).

Finally, I have been offered what sounds like a good deal that'll probably go within a couple of days or even hours if I don't act. However, I'm hesitant.

It's a returned dealer group Director's SD4 in black with privacy and pana roof as the only extra. Expect 5-7k miles and for it to be one of the first off the production line and possibly to have served time as a demo. It's offered at £38,491. Would be £41,685 new at that spec based on the configurator so call it a £3k saving on new (oh, and without the dreaded waiting list of course)

My hesitancy is...

- Wearn't the first off the line prone to problems? Albeit, I would imagine a Director's car would have had any issues hopefully sorted by now

- I was really after the LUX pack from an ownership and resale point of view. I wouldnt be considering this particular car were it not for the pana roof as it would be a little too black for me without it. I will miss Meridian, keyless and power tailgate particularly

I could of course wait for the perfect car to appear and if I'm lucky that'll be in a few weeks; if I'm not then we're into late summer and my cabrio slips in terms of resale value further

A long dilemma weekend ahead

YOUR OPINIONS ARE VERY WELCOME! Shocked
I wouldn't pay nearly £40k for a second hand car, especially one with the spec I don't really want. But that's just me.

I know the cars are popular, but only £3k off list is pretty poor.
Depends on how long you intend to keep it. If for a while, wait a little longer or perhaps you may always be thinking if only.... If keeping for a few years only, save a bit of money. Residual wont affect you so much as if you had bought it from new.

My fav feature is the powered tailgate. A brilliant invention, I would not want another car withoout it now.
Paul, wait and get what you want. This car only comes along once, you shouldn't settle. Especially when the conditions of - one of the first, 5-7k, ex demo, no lux pack - are barely saving you 3K.

You won't regret waiting because you'll get the one you want.
My sd4 Dynamic was one of the very first private Evoques on the road, delivered on launch day. It hasn't suffered anything more than some wind noise around the front door seals and some rattles that come and go (usually when I have it at the dealer to be investigated they go but they are not anything I haven't had in other Land Rovers)
You still get the 380w Meridian which is still very good.

Having just given back an A5 S-Line Cab myself - did you have the B&O upgrade in your A5? I would say the 825w Meridian and the A5 B&O were pretty comparable to my ears.
Dont pay £38,500 for a car you are not entirely happy with. This car is priced at that level because someone will be happy to pay it to avoid the waiting list. But if that someone is not you, then wait. If the exact spec you want does not appear before your cabrio depreciates at the end of the summer, that's a risk you take, but if it does, your gamble will have paid off.
(19-05-2012 09:38am)Urban Splash Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't pay nearly £40k for a second hand car, especially one with the spec I don't really want. But that's just me.

I know the cars are popular, but only £3k off list is pretty poor.

+1, that's a lot of money not to be 100% happy.
Thank you for your voices of reason. At that level of outlay I don't want to be asking 'what if.'

Sometimes you need others to tell you what you already know.

Therefore, the search continues...

PS- If anyone knows of dealer with a car to the spec/price I'm after in the Midlands feel free to PM me!

Cheers

Paul
They aren't in the Midlands (but hey I drive 470 miles each way to visit them!) but have you tried our forum sponsors Lookers Land Rover Park Royal. Darker colours are much more popular in London than in other parts of the country for some reason and they usually have a good selection of stock
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's