babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: MINI's version of Evoque styling...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just saw this on the AutoSpies site regarding the MINI Paceman, originally introduced at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show:

"It's interesting how this two-door sport-utility vehicle's roofline bears a distant resemblance to the Range Rover Evoque. Note the sloping quality?"
[Image: Mrr1.jpg]

Personally, I find it rather ugly... no comparison at all with the RRE.
BMW have taken an iconic brand & ruined it - simples. Problem is they are very clever with marketting & if they put a BMW or in this case Mini badge on a turd folk would buy one. Rolling Eyes
(14-05-2012 11:13pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]BMW have taken an iconic brand & ruined it - simples. Problem is they are very clever with marketting & if they put a BMW or in this case Mini badge on a turd folk would buy one. Rolling Eyes

Laughing I agree!

Then again, they do have their moments...

I'm guilty of having been seduced by them as well, my other ride carries their badge (650i) Wink

[Image: 650i.jpg]
So did my last babe....
I'm firmly HOOKED on my Evoque, but I just bought a 2nd hand '05 Mini. Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs? I've been googling the question, but so far am coming up with "snake eyes". So far it looks like Mini people don't blog about their ride. Shame?

The ONLY reason I bought the Mini was for an airport car. Hate to leave my Evoque where it will get acid rain from all the jets going and coming. Also to avoid door dings from the "hapless" rushing to make a flight and not giving a hoot if they ding my doors in their haste to catch the bus to the terminal, etc. And using the same logic, for those trips into the inner city where the parking stalls are about 3" wider than my Evoque.
That tea-tray on the 650 looks awful. BMW styling is all over the place and has been for years. Sadly, Mercedes-Benz are following suite.
(21-05-2012 07:34am)Starflyer Wrote: [ -> ]Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs?

Starflyer, contact Martin our great leader, IIRC he also has a mini Forum
(14-05-2012 11:54pm)Chicago_Buckeye Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing I agree!

Then again, they do have their moments...

I'm guilty of having been seduced by them as well, my other ride carries their badge (650i) Wink

[Image: 650i.jpg]

(21-05-2012 07:34am)Starflyer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm firmly HOOKED on my Evoque, but I just bought a 2nd hand '05 Mini. Any Mini people here with some blogs that are as good as the Evoque blogs? I've been googling the question, but so far am coming up with "snake eyes". So far it looks like Mini people don't blog about their ride. Shame?

The ONLY reason I bought the Mini was for an airport car. Hate to leave my Evoque where it will get acid rain from all the jets going and coming. Also to avoid door dings from the "hapless" rushing to make a flight and not giving a hoot if they ding my doors in their haste to catch the bus to the terminal, etc. And using the same logic, for those trips into the inner city where the parking stalls are about 3" wider than my Evoque.

mini2.com
Ed209

mini2.com is just what I was looking for. My google search was allover the map, but mini2.com didn't come up or I didn't see it.

THANKS
(21-05-2012 06:58pm)Starflyer Wrote: [ -> ]Ed209

mini2.com is just what I was looking for. My google search was allover the map, but mini2.com didn't come up or I didn't see it.

THANKS

No problem, I was a user on there back in 2001 when i was one of the first in the country to take delivery of a new mini cooper. It actually turned out to be a heap of junk and was at the dealers at least a dozen times for warranty work in 18 months.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's