babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fuelly Car types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a lot of people, myself included, are using the fuel monitoring website www.fuelly.com to keep track of the mpg. I tried to do some comparisons and it looks like quite a few Evoque owners have incorrectly identified their cars as H4 engines instead of L4.

From the fuelly.com FAQ

What do the engine type abbreviations such as L4 and V6 mean?

We use "codes" to identify different engine types, and they're not always self evident. Here are the most common codes and what they mean:

L4 = Inline-four cylinder. This is the most common type of engine across cars at Fuelly. (Variations such as L6 or Straight-six are rare in comparison.)

V6 = V6 engine. This one actually makes sense. The V refers to the shape of the engine. This is a very common engine. (We show the option for a V4 engine, but this engine only existed in a few rare cars.)

H4 = Hybrid four cylinder. We use H4 and H6 to refer to four and six cylinder engines that also use electricity to help with fuel economy. Subaru also makes a "horizontal" engine that we use H4 and H6 for in Subarus only. (If you know engines, this can also be confused with H engines, another rare engine type.)

W16 = W engine. This is another very rare engine that only exists in a few cars.

Just keep in mind that the L4 and V6 are the most frequently found engines and you'll be set. Also keep in mind that we let Fuelly members choose any engine they'd like for their vehicle. We offer suggestions but people can override them. Sometimes they get it wrong.

I don't suppose it really matters but I notice it so I thought I'd mention it.
Unfortunately once you have selected the wrong engine type it seems you cannot change to the right one, so not only do I have an inefficient 4 cylinder engine it's an even more inefficient hybrid according to the engine I selected........
Tim, you can change the engine type.

Select you car in the left hand menu
Click 'Edit Car' right at the top of the page
Then click 'Change Type' at the top of the page
Make your changes and Save.

I have to admit that I am slightly disappointed with fuel consumption but at least you're doing much better than I am.
Thanks for that, now changed but it doesn't seem to have changed my signature. My car hardly every drives in town and most journeys are 16-20 miles or more, straight off my drive onto a good A road and then to an out of town car park with free bus service to the town centre - £1.20 for all day is much cheaper than driving to the town centre and then parking for £1.50 for every 40 minutes!
Reference URL's