babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Shadow chrome alloys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Was thinking of selecting the shadow chrome wheels with the Orkney grey coupe prestige. It looks good on the configurator but I'm not sure how the grey on grey will look in real life. Has anybody seen a similar combination in the flesh. Some of the pics of grey freelanders with shadow chrome wheels look a bit dark and dreary.
(08-07-2011 08:33pm)Mallam Wrote: [ -> ]Was thinking of selecting the shadow chrome wheels with the Orkney grey coupe prestige. It looks good on the configurator but I'm not sure how the grey on grey will look in real life. Has anybody seen a similar combination in the flesh. Some of the pics of grey freelanders with shadow chrome wheels look a bit dark and dreary.

Exactly the combination I ordered - but like you have my doubts.
I've just confirmed my order for Fuji White. Haven't got a build date back yet so I've probably got a little bit of time while I can change my mind. I think the Orkney grey looks nice but the shadow chrome wheels make it look special. I've had several grey / silver cars before so I fancied something different hence the White. Decisions decisions. I only wish I could see a car in the flesh - booked onto to a driving day but it's not until mid August which might be too late to change.
Was pondering going for the White as well for a long time, but really wanted a light interior (i.e Dynamic was ruled out even though I love the styling) and did not like the espresso bits from the Ambience. So having chosen Element as an interior it just didn't seem right (at least for me) with the White exterior… So took the chance and ordered Stornoway (my order's that old) which became Orkney.

Thanks to the first real pics of Orkney Grey posted in another thread, I finally have some idea of what my car is going to look like. The Shadow Chrome wheels was a choice made along with the Stornoway Grey exterior and I've left it as is but having seen those two pics on the other thread with the Style 4 Sparkle Silver alloys am thinking of maybe going for the Sparkle Silver version of the Shadow Chrome wheels (i.e style 6 instead of 7) since the sparkle silver seems to go really well with the other shiny bits….on the other hand the Coupe has less shiny bits since the waist finisher is not chrome as it on the 5 door (car in picture)

So as you say, decisions decisions. Why LR can't simply release some high quality photo's of the RRE in all the colours (i.e. other than Red and White) boggles the mind.
They don't release photos cos they are super annoying
(08-07-2011 11:59pm)vinda Wrote: [ -> ]They don't release photos cos they are super annoying

What makes this worse is that LR marketing departments read these forums and still do nothing!

To have access to this sort of customer feedback is highly valuable to any company targeting consumer goods, and for them not to read it would be unthinkable.

The company is bound to have a policy about making comments on here and it does appear that Evoqueexpert has stopped contributing, make your own minds up.

In summary you should always assume that these posts are read by the appropriate JLR employees but worst of all they are ignored. Come on Land Rover, this feedback is highly valuable and the way it is ignored shows contempt. How much effort would it be take take some pictures and post them on your website......PLEASE
Just saw this photo on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_latham/5918299082/)

[attachment=88]

Are these style 6 (Sparkling Silver) or Style 7 (Shadow Chrome) - what do you guys think?
(09-07-2011 01:30pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Just saw this photo on Flicker (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_latham/5918299082/)

Are these style 6 (Sparkling Silver) or Style 7 (Shadow Chrome) - what do you guys think?

I recon they're the style 7. They look darker than the sparkling sliver
Could we please have some more pics of the Shadow Chrome Style 7 Alloys on preferably Dynamic models?
I've ordered the Sparkle Silver Style 6 which is the same design, but i'm starting to want to consider the Shadow Chrome now. I've done a search, and seen a couple of photo's, but need to see more in better lighting conditions, to get a better gauge on it. Cheers.
i have seen a dynamic with shadow wheels, privacy, orkney and a black roof.

black roof makes it imo, pan roof is an absolute must.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's