babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tyres again ! Advice please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Visited a dealer today & they had 3 cars on show

Car 1. 19" pirelli scorpion tyres ( all season written on them )

Car 2. 20" michelin Latitude sport summer tyres

Car 3 . 19" continental cross contact tyres

I have ordered 20" wheels , which tyres will i get ? Do pirelli come on 20" ?

If its michelin are they no good for winter ? As it looks like a pilot sport tread

Which are the best for winter ?
More likely you will get the Continentals if you spec 20" wheels but you can specify the Pirellis if you want. The All seasons would be best for all year round - I am fortunate enough to have the space to also store a set of winter tyres so have 20" Craptinentals on style 6 alloys for the summer and change over to a set of 19" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tyres on style 3 alloys for the winter.

There is no problem on an Evoque running summer tyres all year round because you have the Terrain Response system that sorts out traction, just that the treads will tend to clog up with snow more easily than if you run on a set of winter tyres
(03-05-2012 10:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]More likely you will get the Continentals if you spec 20" wheels but you can specify the Pirellis if you want. The All seasons would be best for all year round - I am fortunate enough to have the space to also store a set of winter tyres so have 20" Craptinentals on style 6 alloys for the summer and change over to a set of 19" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tyres on style 3 alloys for the winter.

I was trying to get away from storing tyres , I currently store a set nokian winters for my Abarth 500 SS and a st of Vreidenstein 225/40/18 for my Aud
I know winter tyres are superior , but I was hoping to make do with the OEM tyres ,
Reference URL's