babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: So which is the best value for money Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to Autocar this week the one to go for is the ED4 150bhp Prestige...................... discuss
'Value' is a relative term isn't it? Ultimately it probably depends on whether the vehicle is going to be used off-road - if not then the ED4 ticks all the boxes.
Danger with saying the 2wd is the best value is many will expect/desire the 4wd capability and this may undermine the "value" of the ED4?

As for Prestige over Pure a lump of cash for NAV, Leather and Xenons is debatable value long term as the NAV degrades in accuracy and the leather wears.

Prestige over Dynamic, the AD suspension is "Invisible" unless you know you want it. Body Kit maybe adds desirability for some...? and same Tech

My choice for "Value" would be the TD4 Pure with Xenons, (Maybe Tech Pack) .

(This was exactly my initial choice... But did I buy it... no I wasn't after value!)
Dealers are certainly advising having the Tech Pack on Pure models, it will benefit the owner when it comes to reselling.
(02-05-2012 03:04pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Dealers are certainly advising having the Tech Pack on Pure models, it will benefit the owner when it comes to reselling.

They would... wouldn't they... Whistle
(what was that about me not being a cynic in the other thread Laughing )

But yes I agree I'd want the tech pack.
From a pure rational point of view, the ED4 would suffice for whatever I plan to do with the car. I don't plan on off roading, the engine is powerful enough for everyday use, it is cheaper, consumes less, requires less taxes to pay etc... So purely rational it would for me be best value.

However... I WANT it to be off road capable because it looks like a offroad capable car, I WANT the SD4 just for the sensation of flooring the pedal from time to time (completely useless but what the hell it's fun), I'm able to and willing to pay extra for this...

So since I'm not rational, the best value for me is not the ED4...

No offense to people who bought the ED4 for budgetary/tax reasons but I just think that deep down everyone would have prefered the SD4 or SI4.

Come resale day, I think many buyers will be thinking the same and many of those are maybe even waiting for the price of a used well equipped SD4/SI4 to drop to ED4 new price or below.
For me the TD4 is value for money pure and simple, has 4wd and has enough power for daily running about.
Just look at how many 2WD Freelanders are on the road, only seen one .
Can't believe no-one has said the VB Special Edition is best value for money... surely it had to be the most desirable thing on the planet... Laughing
15 of the VB RRE's sold on the first day of the Beijing motorshow apparently - only 1 Bugatti Veyron was sold in China last year............... after the 250% import tax it cost a cool £3.4million....................and belongs to the owner of a 7star hotel in Beijing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's