babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How long before you get registration certificate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks - as per the title, wondered how long it took to get your registration certificate through - been waiting a month now and nothing has arrived!
The dealer would give you this when you picked up the car , I think Confused
Was about 5/6 days for me i think. I think its usually up to a couple of weeks.

After a month i would be chasing it up. DVLA are quite prone to cock ups.

For example I sold my vx220 about 2 months ago and within a week I got the notification telling me I was no longer the registerd keeper.

Last week I then get a letter telling me my tax is about to expire and i need to renew it.
Oh blimey - how stupid am I! Just checked paperwork, and there it was - doh! Probably enjoying the car too much to check what I was given Smile
The V5C red fronted document isn't normally supplied by the dealer for a new car - DVLA issues them. I've just received the new style replacement one for my 16 year old Defender 4 months after requesting it............... the claimed it had previously been sent out to me so if you don't receive one within the month then get onto them as it might have "gone missing" in the post
Thanks for all of the quick responses! definately got the red fronted one, and must have been the dealer that gave it to me, as its in the folder I got when I picked up the car
mine came through 2 weeks after signing in blood Very Happy
2 weeks from dvla
mine took 3 days
Mine took just 3 days as well
Reference URL's