babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Screen Is really starting to annoy me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, i love my car! It's beautiful, sexy, peepy and classy inside and out.

At first, I tried to ignore the really unresponsive touch screen but now it's starting to bother me.

Every mercedes i have driven has had great hi resolution screens linked with a knob to browse through it.
Works flawlessly.

The other day, my buddy got a fully loaded kia optima and his touch screen was so quick and responsive.
You press a button and it immediately switches.

Same thing with a dodge journey that i had to rent a few months ago. The touch screen was ultra responsive.

I think Land Rover should've hustled better with this, because it's quite annoying.

And the reverse cam takes forever to engage when i put my car in reverse. By the time it turns on, I'm already fully reversed and geared to drive!

Am i the only one angry about these issues? I hope there is a software fix for this stuff!

thanks for reading the rant... I don't usually do this! But i excepted more from LR!
No you are not the only one, there are loads of folks frustrated with the speed of the screen and the reverse cam.
Anyone know if LR is going to something about this. It's so primitive!
The fact that the screen and camera are also not HD blows my mind! Oh well.
Still love the car!
I agree with the HD comment, the RRE really should've had an up-to-date high def screen but as for response times, my screen responds instantly and the reverse cam is working in under 2 sec - that includes starting the car cold in the morning and engaging reverse, not just when everything is warmed up. Obviously therefore the slowness in some car's can be improved...LR need to investigate why some are fine and others not.
Cool, on later cars I think LR has changed the priority this has in the boot up sequence, my RRE is one of th efirst delivered in the UK and it takes an age and as VR says often it hasn't come online before I have finished the reverse manoeuvre. My last FFRR had reverse cam and it was nowhere near as slow to fire up.
Tim, that would annoy me no end! LR really need to sort that out for you. My car is 5 months old now, perhaps luckily one of the first batch where the issue was resolved at the factory.
Been driving a Ford Explorer with the Sync system for the past week (Holiday on the US west coast), quite like the car (although more Disco/RRS equivalent) but to get on topic - RR can do worse than look at Sync.

I'm not a MicroSoft fan at all, prefer all things Apple, but am really impressed with Sync. Does everything the system on the RRE does (probably more - Internet 'aware' so can use your home wifi / phone via Bluetooth / even a USB data card to update itself,download apps etc.) I am quite impressed with the refinement, the functionality (pretty much controls all the car functions, including climate control etc.) and most importantly the speed - it's very responsive (including rear view cam). A little envious really.
If you turn off the screen animation it's a lot quicker changing between menus. Not sure if it works for rear camera.
The Satnav is terrible. In many instances, you get a better one for fifty quid out of Halfrauds. Wouldn't mind but LR charge enough for it!
I have only had my RRE for 4 weeks and the screen is really slow, so I don't think it is an early model thing. Most things don't bothere being slow, they don't need to be quick, but accessing cameras is poor, when you need them you need them now, not in 3 seconds which I have just timed it takes.
I find the satnav great, although probably not quite as good as tomtom.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's