babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof rails/Thule bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fitted black rails today on my Fuji Dynamic Coupe/pano contrast roof, efficient supply courtesy of Dan at Duckworth (thanks Dan). Fitting was straightforward if not a bit fiddly-just needs patience!

Can also confirm Thule 757 feet fit perfectly despite all the Thule configurations suggesting 775 type (ugly IMHO). Using Thule 892 sliding bars which are very neat, with 3xThule591 bike racks.

Looks great!
Any chance of some piccies?
And if you don't mind how much did the rails cost from Dan?
£410+VAT for the rails plus finisher kit, free delivery.
Will take some photos overthe weekend.
Cheers for that.

The price is a bit steep, but if the rails look good then I may well stretch my wallet and go for them as I don't really like the roof bars that clamp under the door seals.

How long did they take you to fit and was it a one man job or did it need some assistance?
I'm fairly handy so willing to fit them myself.
How many of the bike racks can you fit ? I would like to fit 4 if possible but not sure if its doable.
(27-04-2012 11:36am)moonigan Wrote: [ -> ]How many of the bike racks can you fit ? I would like to fit 4 if possible but not sure if its doable.

I can fit 4 facing alternate ways but the middle two take a bit of effort to get in place. It's a two person job while the outside bikes are easy on your own.

I also have the rails and the 757s.
We fit 3 bikes on the roof but only because we need just 3-am sure 4 racks would fit. We bought the Thule sliding rails which means the whole rig can slide out of the side of the car by 60cms which makes access to the middle rack much easier (and no need to lean over the side of the car, scrape buttons and zips on paintwork etc). sliding bars are expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Took me just under 2 hours but I tend to take my time with these things and lay all the bits out first, read the (crap) instructions etc.

Will take some pics over the weekend.
(27-04-2012 08:15pm)Peterlewis321 Wrote: [ -> ]We fit 3 bikes on the roof but only because we need just 3-am sure 4 racks would fit. We bought the Thule sliding rails which means the whole rig can slide out of the side of the car by 60cms which makes access to the middle rack much easier (and no need to lean over the side of the car, scrape buttons and zips on paintwork etc). sliding bars are expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Took me just under 2 hours but I tend to take my time with these things and lay all the bits out first, read the (crap) instructions etc.

Will take some pics over the weekend.

Can you load the bikes outside the ' line' the car or do you have to still load over the line of the roof? Am just thinking of the flexing on the bars and then particularly the roof rails?
Would it be ok, weight wise to fit 4 bikes, since LR state the rails are only good for 75kg?
I think some of the "cheaper" sub £300 mountain bikes are cetainly too heavy, but this does assume 4 adult bikes which is pretty unlikely.

I'm sure most other systems are normally good for 100kg.

Having said that does anyone who uses a roof rack ever weigh what they are loading up? I would be amazed if anyone does.
(28-04-2012 09:40am)smayo Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be ok, weight wise to fit 4 bikes, since LR state the rails are only good for 75kg?
I think some of the "cheaper" sub £300 mountain bikes are cetainly too heavy, but this does assume 4 adult bikes which is pretty unlikely.

I'm sure most other systems are normally good for 100kg.

Having said that does anyone who uses a roof rack ever weigh what they are loading up? I would be amazed if anyone does.

IIRC my full suspension Boardman (entry level at around £800) probably weighs in at around 13kg so you would have plenty of capacity even adding the carriers. Had a fully laden top box on over Easter but did hear the bars and finisher trim flexing/creaking a bit. Was a bit annoying but then I guessed what it was and did a bit of adjustment. Needs monitoring though.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's