babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof rails/Thule bars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(28-04-2012 09:03am)ChuckieB Wrote: [ -> ]Can you load the bikes outside the ' line' the car or do you have to still load over the line of the roof? Am just thinking of the flexing on the bars and then particularly the roof rails?

The Thule bars slide out to the side (each side) of the car by c60cm's - means you can load even the middle cycle rack without leaning right over the car - really handy. The Thule bars are pretty damn strong, if anything is going to flex the roof bars might but they are also strong so, unless you are loading something really heavy (way heavier than bikes) this will not be a problem.

Couple of photos attached.
[attachment=2075]
[attachment=2076]
Thanks. Looks like i'll be having to think about this as a more practical solution to the bespoke LR kit that I already have. The joys of being such a short a*^e!
what width SlideBars did you go for 127cm, 144cm or 162cm?
(09-05-2012 09:24pm)Ironsfan Wrote: [ -> ]what width SlideBars did you go for 127cm, 144cm or 162cm?

144-I think the 127 are just slightly too short to fit unfortunately as they would look better I think.
I understand the Thule 757 feet are no longer available. And the Thule website fitting recommendation for the Evoque assumes that the car does not have roof rails. So what is the correct Thule setup for an Evoque with roof rails?
Hi Peter,

I'm also pretty confused. Could you please list all of the parts that make up your configuration as shown in post 11......

Much appreciated!
(11-05-2012 08:40am)Urban Splash Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Peter,

I'm also pretty confused. Could you please list all of the parts that make up your configuration as shown in post 11......

Much appreciated!

I know the Thule website says differently (says to use 775 feet which have an unsightly strap type fixing) however, I have used the following parts and can 100% promise you it fits perfectly :

Thule 757 rapid foot system
Thule Sliding bars 892

That is all you need. You can still buy 757 pretty much anywhere-I got mine off the shelf at Halfords just a couple of weeks back-you can buy cheaper online but I wanted an easy return incase they did not fit....

Cheers,

Peter
Thanks for that..... sorry to be a pain but which bike racks do you have?

Cheers!
(11-05-2012 08:38pm)Urban Splash Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that..... sorry to be a pain but which bike racks do you have?

Cheers!

Thule 591 - got them via eBay from Ford Parts. About 170 for 3 which is a good deal (90 each in Halfords....)
Awesome. Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's