babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Bull Bars - Just to clear things up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A bull bar

[URL=http://imageshac

k.us/photo/my-images/18/300pxarbbullbaronlandro.jpg/][Image: 300pxarbbullbaronlandro.jpg][/URL]

A piece of painted bumper trim.

[Image: evoque.jpg]

two quite different things.

I beleive it is also illegal to sell new cars with bull bars in the uk.

From 25th May 2007 for motor vehicles categorised as M1 (a passenger carrying vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes and not more than 8 passengers) or N1 (a goods vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes) it will only be legal to manufacturer and sell bull bars that comply with EU Directive 2005/66/EC.

It will be illegal to manufacture and sell bull bars that do not conform to this legislation punishable by a maximum penalty, to be imposed within the UK, of 12 months imprisonment and/or a fine of £20,000.
(25-04-2012 08:51am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]A bull bar

[URL=http://imageshac

k.us/photo/my-images/18/300pxarbbullbaronlandro.jpg/][Image: 300pxarbbullbaronlandro.jpg][/URL]

A piece of painted bumper trim.

[Image: evoque.jpg]

two quite different things.

I beleive it is also illegal to sell new cars with bull bars in the uk.

From 25th May 2007 for motor vehicles categorised as M1 (a passenger carrying vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes and not more than 8 passengers) or N1 (a goods vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes) it will only be legal to manufacturer and sell bull bars that comply with EU Directive 2005/66/EC.

It will be illegal to manufacture and sell bull bars that do not conform to this legislation punishable by a maximum penalty, to be imposed within the UK, of 12 months imprisonment and/or a fine of £20,000.

Banging HeadBanging Head Bow down............Ner Ner..Laughing
THB if either of them hit you at more than 2-3mph it would be extremely painful.....................
The latest, conforming to legislation, bull bars are made from plastic derivatives and are readily available for most popular types of vehicle. These current designs as well as continuing to offer mountings for accessories and vehicle and occupant protection can be made from energy-absorbing materials so providing enhanced protection for pedestrians' and cyclists over and above the standard product supplied with the vehicle. These new designs protect vulnerable groups by protecting them from hard and potentially sharp vehicle edges such as bonnets, radiators and engines and so, should, make the vehicle safer.
Also I believe these rules only apply to NEW cars, i.e. those fresh from the factory. As soon as you drive it out of the showroom you can add any aftermarket scaffolding you like to the front so long as it doesn't interfere with the safe operation of any airbags, pedestrian safety devices (RRE has the Jag system for opening the bonnet when a pedestrian lands on it to soften the blow!) or low speed crumple zones - I have a solid tubular winch bumper on the front of my Def90 and it is quite acceptable to the MOT man, my car was supplied with a standard LR bumper but you cannot fit toys to it.
What do you call this? (apart from a monstrosity)

[Image: DSCF5749.JPG]

[Image: MED-306-IX.jpg]
The top one is an abortion but would be termed an under-ride protector but would be absolutely useless off road as it reduces the approach angle to just about zero. The only use I can think of for it is as a grass flattener for driving on the savannah. The bottom one is a toy, it does nothing to protect anything, it is basically a fancy place to mount some extra driving lights
Top one is hideous but the botton one looks quite smart though possibly not on a Dynamic unless the shapes are symetrical.
I could do you a nice stainless steel skid plate set to go with the bull bar ...

[Image: $(KGrHqF,!o0E9cvI8dQQBP,YwIs4Ww~~60_57.JPG]

[Image: $(KGrHqJ,!joE9UbgeycIBP,YwZ0YW!~~60_57.JPG]

[Image: $(KGrHqJ,!joE9UbgeycIBP,YwSypY!~~60_57.JPG]
Looks like you need to have a couple of chinamen to hold it on too................
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's