babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: When can I see one in the flesh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm seriously considering an Evoque but need to see one physically before placing an order.

Spending that sort of money on a car I need to know how comfortable the seats are, the leg room and driving position (how far down/up the seats go), the rear visibility etc. These are not things you can judge from the specs/brochure.

Anyone know when dealers are going to have a physical model to look at? Living in rural North Wales going to a shopping centre in London/Birmingham to see one it not an option.

Thanks
(05-07-2011 04:40pm)gman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seriously considering an Evoque but need to see one physically before placing an order.

Spending that sort of money on a car I need to know how comfortable the seats are, the leg room and driving position (how far down/up the seats go), the rear visibility etc. These are not things you can judge from the specs/brochure.

Anyone know when dealers are going to have a physical model to look at? Living in rural North Wales going to a shopping centre in London/Birmingham to see one it not an option.

Thanks
Welcome,

The dealers are getting there cars in September.
Ask your local dealer if there are any shows in Wales which Rangrover have lent out a Evoque to
Evoque UK Events - Cardiff Bay Leisure Waterfront Area, 19-21 August
St Davids Bay Hotel, Cardiff 16-17 August
(05-07-2011 04:40pm)gman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seriously considering an Evoque but need to see one physically before placing an order.

Thanks

I've had exactly the same thoughts regarding spending so much money on a car I haven't seen. I spoke to my local dealer who said he would ring me when their show cars arrive, estimated in late August.
Interesting article on Yahoo today saying that the first years allocation is sold!
Hi gman your difficulty is that if you wait till you get in one before deciding it could result in a really long wait to actually own one, as once people start seeing them on the road more people are going to want one.

I ordered blind however after sitting in the car at the Evoque live event, I can confirm that it is as comfortable inside as it looks fantastic from the outside.

Am driving it in a couple of weeks at the Stowe event, I live in North Wales but the Manchester event is at the beginning of august when I am holiday...you could see if you can get on that, although I believe its only open to those who have ordered...there is a thread somewhere on this.

I'd get my deposit down asap if I was you Im sure you wont be disappointed.
(05-07-2011 04:57pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Evoque UK Events - Cardiff Bay Leisure Waterfront Area, 19-21 August
St Davids Bay Hotel, Cardiff 16-17 August

Thanks for the info - unfortunately driving to Glasgow from North Wales takes less time than driving to Cardiff Sad
ah, sorry - take a look at the pdf in this thread for more

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-events-UK
ah, sorry - take a look at the pdf in this thread for more

(05-07-2011 10:46pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered blind however after sitting in the car at the Evoque live event, I can confirm that it is as comfortable inside as it looks fantastic from the outside.
Comfort is very subjective - I find the upright driving position in many SUV's punishing on my knees (I need a low seat and a fairly straight leg position). Also having been disappointed by the appalling foot space in the rear of most BMW's (when the front seat is low you can't put your feet under front seat when sitting in the back so the rear legroom disappears completely).
Quote:Am driving it in a couple of weeks at the Stowe event, I live in North Wales but the Manchester event is at the beginning of august when I am holiday...you could see if you can get on that, although I believe its only open to those who have ordered...there is a thread somewhere on this.
Is there any information about these driving days online - for forum posts suggest it is by invitation?
(06-07-2011 10:11am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]ah, sorry - take a look at the pdf in this thread for more

Great - thanks. May have to make a trip to Spinningfields this week!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's