babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: When can I see one in the flesh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd just ring up and ask. If they say no then try again nearer the time and they may sAy yes.
Just back from Manchester - was able to spend 30 minutes poking around a beautiful Evoque prestige. Very comfortable and suprisingly roomy - the only downside I could see was the modest boot size.

Will probably be placing an order Smile
(08-07-2011 03:21pm)gman Wrote: [ -> ]Just back from Manchester - was able to spend 30 minutes poking around a beautiful Evoque prestige. Very comfortable and suprisingly roomy - the only downside I could see was the modest boot size.

Not the first note I've read on a smallish boot which, after reading the specs, confuses me.

Theoretically the 3 door has 550 litres and 5 door has 575 litres of boot space; both sound large.

I wonder if the boot appears smaller than the figures suggest because it has a relatively small area but the height makes it up to a decent volume?

I'm also wondering how does this translate in the real world when I want to get two large cases in (which I can just manage in my current 520 litre boot)?

Are there any close-up photos or video of an Evoque's open boot?
It's true that the volume in litres is not a very useful figure: the boot of an SUV is quite high which easily results in a decent amount of litres, but the maximum depth of the Evoque (which is far more important) is not particularly impressive. On the other hand, I personally think it's big enough for normal use, certainly as the whole car is modestly sized. If you think of the Evoque as a smaller FFRR, then the boot is small. If you think of the Evoque as a big Audi TT, then the boot is surprisingly large.

Plenty of pictures of the boot. Search the forums.

[Image: 5184688365_35a281c977_z.jpg]

[Image: 5184687621_5eba47cb22_z.jpg]
Thanks vision*R. The Evoque boot looks a very useable shape. Much better than long (from bumper to rear seat back) but shallow (boot floor to boot lid/parcel shelf). If a tin rolls to the back of my 5 series boot I have to lie across the bumper and boot floor to reach it! It looks like the boot area is big enough to lie a suitcase down and deep enough to lie another on top, or stand both cases up side by side across the width. I assume the parcel shelf removes to enable loading up to the rear window and roof?
Correct.
(08-07-2011 09:35pm)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks vision*R. The Evoque boot looks a very useable shape. Much better than long (from bumper to rear seat back) but shallow (boot floor to boot lid/parcel shelf). If a tin rolls to the back of my 5 series boot I have to lie across the bumper and boot floor to reach it! It looks like the boot area is big enough to lie a suitcase down and deep enough to lie another on top, or stand both cases up side by side across the width. I assume the parcel shelf removes to enable loading up to the rear window and roof?

My rough measurements with tape measure were:
width:110
height (to shelf): 51
depth:80
This gives me 440 litres which is an overstatement because of the space not being a cuboid (sloping seat) but there is extra space under the floor which I didn't count. 550 is probably a bit on the 'creative' side but there is certainly enough space for 2 large suitcases on top of each other.
What units are you measuring? (we're not all in the UK)
110 inch? that's 2,8 meters? seems impossible to me.
From the brochure

Luggage Capacity - Rear seats upright

Coupe
Depth 796mm, Height 840mm, Width 1,090mm Loadspace volume 550 litres - Loadspace width between arches 1,000mm

5 Door
Depth 796mm, Height 870mm, Width 1,090mm Loadspace volume 575 litres - Loadspace width between arches 1,000mm
(09-07-2011 12:02pm)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]What units are you measuring? (we're not all in the UK)
110 inch? that's 2,8 meters? seems impossible to me.

If 110 inch is 2.8m and that's impossible then it must be measured in cm.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's