babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenon headlights too bright?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone notice that the opp drivers don like our headlight?

Maybe its too bright, this is the 4th time in 2months they flashed high beam to me...

now i am under some sort of pressure of annoying the other drivers during night time
I know what you mean as I have a Freelander with normal halogen headlights and I get the same I think it due to the height off the road for head lights. It only seems to get a reaction if I dip well in advance as the other car cannot see you actually dip, so not good but I tend to dip slightly later so other car can see I have actually dipped and subsequently do not get the angry flashes and that feeling of pressure. Alll that said it may be worth checking they are correctly set.
Not had the problem at all with adaptive BiXenons,
Ive been flashed a few times and can't say I enjoyed it Shocked
My wife got flashed once, she could not stop laughingLaughing
(14-04-2012 09:48am)Tony Wrote: [ -> ]My wife got flashed once, she could not stop laughingLaughing

Good job she didn't have a stroke! Twisted Evil

I'm always being flashed here, be it in my A4 or A6 with xenons. Living in a country where everyone drives crappy old volvos and Saabs with dim headlamps, when they see something new flangeled lights they think you're a witch.
Having driven cars with Xenon's (an absolute must have for me) since 2002 (Saab 9-5 Aero was the first for me) I have to say getting flashed from time to time goes with having them. It seems we humans are drawn to stare at bluey/white light and just can't help doing it. A Xenon lamp produces twice the light output of a typical halogen bulb - so they are very bright.
The Xenon lights are auto adjusting for height, so there not any thing we can do about this.

Could a bumpy road set the lights going up & down like a yoyo Question
Take it to the dealer and ask them to check the lights out.

I had the same issue with a Golf with bi-xenons, I was flashed on and off for 3 years which was annoying as I asked the dealer to check the level of the lights even though they were auto levelling. There was no problem they said! At the last service, just before the car went they confirmed there was a problem with the level of the lights and they had been adjusted Sad
Just flash back to confirm your superiority.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's