babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Premature wear on parcel shelf and boot seal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks,

Just thought I would give you a quick heads up on an issue that my affect everyone. I have had to book the car in today to get the parcel shelf and boot seal replaced under warranty due to premature wear. The premature wear is brought about by opening and closing the boot. This is something my wife does quite a lot as she is a mobile hairdresser which maybe why we have noticed it so soon.

The wear on the boot seal was caused by the parcel shelf rubbing on the seal when the boot is opened and closed. With nothing on the shelf its OK but we had the complimentry LR brolly on ours and this causes the shelf to move slightly when opening and closing the boot.

The LR service manager said they may have to put the car into the bodyshop to modify the shell to ensure the parcel shelf doesnt keep rubbing. Car is booked in at the end of the month so I'll update the thread to let you know what they did.

[Image: DSC_0176.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0177.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0178.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0179.JPG]
I have a similar issue, but it wasnt found by my dealer is was in fact discovered by JLR when then came to inspect my car due to the front driver door not closing properly. JLR said it was due to the tailgate being out of alignement, now wating all new parts to replace it!
Mine has been replaced already as they thought that was what was causing my rattle
You also have the same wear (the four wear marks) as mine has on the lip of the parcel tray where it engages on the rubber wedges on the tailgate.
Please add this to The List thread for PhilSkill
Mine has those indentations from the wedges in the tail gate which press down on the parcel shelf to keep it in position when closed. However, I can't see how mine would ever show the wear in these pictures. The sides of mine do not touch the rubber seals at all.
(13-04-2012 07:40am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Mine has those indentations from the wedges in the tail gate which press down on the parcel shelf to keep it in position when closed. However, I can't see how mine would ever show the wear in these pictures. The sides of mine do not touch the rubber seals at all.

Likewise. Mine "stop out" on the inside of the "C" pillar before they touch the seals. Will be keeping a close eye though!

Are the hanging chords too short or the tray not clipped in properly. I should think these could make quite a difference.
+1. Went out to check after reading this post. Lo and behold, both sides of the parcel shelf scuffed and the plastic trim on the tailgate has developed white scratch marks too where it comes into contact with the shelf. I wonder if this is more prevalent on keep-fit tailgates (like mine) where a hefty yank is required to shut them?
I looked at ours today and noticed that there appears to be a small piece of material attached to the parcel shelf that looks like it is some kind of protection between the two, not sure if this is the same on everyone else's? Up to now ours doesn't have any wear and it doesn't look like it would catch either, there appears to be a small gap between the seal, maybe they changed it on later builds.
Like Ray, after reading this I checked mine too. Sure enough, two white wear marks on the tailgate and two on the parcel shelf edges.
A call to dealer has been pencilled in for the morning.
Only had the car 2 1/2 weeks, so am surprised at the level of wear for such ashort period.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's