babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Privacy Glass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Placed my order for new Evoque in February, and still wondering about which spec to go for.
Noticed that lots of members have opted for privacy glass. I've no experience of privacy glass and wondered what it looks like on vehicle (none in local dealers). Also, is it like wearing sunglasses when driving?
I haven't taken delivery of this yet, but it was a lot darker than I was expecting.
My missus said she doesn't like it... which is a bit tough really! lol

[Image: evoque2_resize.jpg]

Also it won't be like sunglasses - as it's only the rear windows.
(08-04-2012 12:33pm)durchy Wrote: [ -> ]Placed my order for new Evoque in February, and still wondering about which spec to go for.
Noticed that lots of members have opted for privacy glass. I've no experience of privacy glass and wondered what it looks like on vehicle (none in local dealers). Also, is it like wearing sunglasses when driving?

You don't get it on the windscreen or forward side windows (which is illegal). I haven't got it myself, but, with some colour combinations, it looks a bit 'Mafia' to me. On a totally black two-door Dynamic I've seen pictures of it looked like an American pop stars vehicle. I suppose it depends what 'look' you are after!
Thanks, don't think I'll bother!
I had my rear windows tinted last week. I don't know how dark is the original one, but with 3M films I could choose from four different darknesses. I chose P20, which is pretty dark, but you are able to see inside. The visibility backwards from driver seat is a bit darker than before. That doesn't bother me at all.

I think the car looks better now with the tints.
The privacy glass on the RRE is strange because from the outside it is almost limo tint (cannot see through to the inside) but from the inside plenty of light comes through and those sitting in the back have a clear view out, I was quite surprised when I travelled in the back of mine that with the pano roof blind open and the privacy the back is not as dark as I thought it would be. If you intend taking your car to the sunnier parts of the UK it is useful for shading children in the back from the sun
My past experience of privacy glass on 2 other cars is that it can look almost black from outside, and stops people nosing inside, while at the same time has little impact when sitting inside the car.
This might not be the same for all cars or for aftermarket tints which I've never had.
Evoque without privacy=old persons car
Socks and sandals with clip on sunglasses Very Happy
(08-04-2012 02:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I was quite surprised when I travelled in the back of mine that with the pano roof blind open and the privacy the back is not as dark as I thought it would be.

Can you reach the steering wheel from the back as I can't possibly believe that you let someone else drive?! Laughing
(08-04-2012 07:33pm)vinny Wrote: [ -> ]Evoque without privacy=old persons car
Socks and sandals with clip on sunglasses Very Happy

Two out of three ain't bad....I don't have clip on sunglasses!

Evoque WITH privacy glass = Mafia or drug dealer Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's