babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Three Routes on SatNav??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought you were supposed to get a choice of three routes when you entered a destination, we have yet to see this on our car, is there something in the settings?
there should a route preference button after you select the destination near the bottom of the screen. Be warned i looked one of the routes in the US and it was a private road.
(30-03-2012 10:05pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were supposed to get a choice of three routes when you entered a destination, we have yet to see this on our car, is there something in the settings?

How many roads are there where you live?
(30-03-2012 11:09pm)broady43 Wrote: [ -> ]How many roads are there where you live?

A hell of a lot! I was in Liverpool city centre yesterday and set it to home and just got one route, must be something in the settings, I don't even get the Leaf thingy!
You may have to select which roads you want to use and avoid before it will give you the optional routes
(30-03-2012 10:05pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were supposed to get a choice of three routes when you entered a destination, we have yet to see this on our car, is there something in the settings?

you can i think you have to press chg route and then it will show the the other options for the route
I have just checked the instructional video on navigation;

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/owners...er-evoque/

Alternative routes MAY be shown depending on the preferences you set for the Sat Nav. If you have selected shortest route or motorway for example, it may not give you optional routes.
(31-03-2012 07:27am)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]A hell of a lot! I was in Liverpool city centre yesterday and set it to home and just got one route, must be something in the settings, I don't even get the Leaf thingy!

It certainly tried to send me down a leafy route when I was in Devon recently! The indicated route was down a road (which I didn't follow, I hasten to add!) which was so bad that you'd have needed a tractor to go down it, and that route was six miles further than the one I eventually took (which the sat. nav. finally caught up with).

Incidentally, how DO you tell it to choose the shortest route, or a motorway route? I haven't found this setting yet! Embarrassed
Reference URL's