babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Turning headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What package or model will give me this turning head lights?

I've ordered pure coupe 'US' premium package and wonder if above feature is coming along.

If your Evoque has this feature, could you leave your vehicle information such as model, package, and delivery date?

Thanks!
I've just looked the Range Rover USA website for you and yes, it says they are included with the Premium Pack.

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-...que/build/
Does 'Adaptive Xenon' always imply the turning lights? A rumor (or false info) says that this feature is not and has never been available for US market. So I need a confirmation from a US owner.
Adaptive lights are the turning ones.
Non adaptive xenons, are just xenons.

So either your spec or the rumours are false!
I have adaptive Xenons and they seem to work differntly to the video. To the outside of my main headlights there is a small lens with a powerful led in it. When I turn left or right this led lights up that corner of the road. It works really well.
Correct, there's no turning of the Xenons unit like in the Audi or BMW's - where the whole unit turns as your turn the steering wheel.

See here for the pictures of all 3: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Headlight...6#pid35276
Sarcastrix/speary,

Now I am more confused. In your Re #2, you said 'yes'. But you also said 'correct' to what speary was saying that his works differently ( than video).
Guys no, adaptive xenons DO turn.
The lights you are talking about are the corner assist lights.
Its a different thing.
(30-03-2012 01:10pm)speary Wrote: [ -> ]I have adaptive Xenons and they seem to work differntly to the video. To the outside of my main headlights there is a small lens with a powerful led in it. When I turn left or right this led lights up that corner of the road. It works really well.
they're not the adaptive xenons.... Or at least that is not the adaptive xenon function.

From Range Rover:
"Adaptive Xenon HID Headlamps (Requires headlamp wash)
These advanced Xenon HID headlamps swivel to follow the road, while static bending lamps provide additional illumination in tight bends. "
I have highlighted in bold.
The cornering "spot" lights only come on below 30mph and after you have indicated in the direction you want to light up, or you turn the steering wheel more than a certain amount in one direction. I must admit to never really having noticed the headlamp turning on any of the cars with adaptive headlight I have owned. What I will say is the RRE adaptive BiXenons are much better at lighting up the road than either the RRS or FFRR ones. The last RRS I had I even fitted the really awful looking additional driving lights to the RRS because even on full beam the adaptives were not that good, the driving lights made a big difference to the spread and range of the headlights.
ok, ok, ok. Will someone please stand in front of a fast approaching RRE and watch to see if the light unit turns Twisted Evil
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's