babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Autocar this week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Autocar has a write up about their new test car................. Ipanema Sand SD4 Auto Dynamic Coupe Lux riding on 19" Prestige wheels. Verdict - "comfortable, stylish and more desirable than the latest iPad". Strange though that they claim that the Dynamic setting of the TR is only an adjuster for the suspension settings? They averaged 30.5mpg, but make no comment about it's economy, unlike the Lexus CT200h two pages further on which they rate as disappointing at 50mpg against a claimed 68.9 by Lexus. Their Seat Leon returns 57mpg and isn't a hybrid
Good spot Tim. I have just downloaded it on to mt IPad. Did I read correctly they have quoted £1920 as cost of 19" Alloy wheels on their Dynamic coupe, which are the same as the standard Prestige wheels? Seems a lot.

Also article on new fullfat on page 6, it looks like the side profile is being kept very similar to the current model with an Evoque front end.

DC100 on page 8, must be of interest to you!!!

Need to read the details now..............................Thumbs Up
You read right about the price of the optional Prestige wheels. Makes me wonder if LR supplied the car with them on to forestall any comments about the (not) harsh ride on 20's. Yes all the rest is very interesting reading. BTW how do you get the online version of auto car?
(28-03-2012 07:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]You read right about the price of the optional Prestige wheels. Makes me wonder if LR supplied the car with them on to forestall any comments about the (not) harsh ride on 20's. Yes all the rest is very interesting reading. BTW how do you get the online version of auto car?

Tim

Subscribe at http://www.zinio.com. You can download it to pc, ipad or android. There are some real bargains on subscriptions at much lower cost than the paper versions, and you can read it anywhere in the world (which must be of appeal to you). Cuts down on mountain of unread mags too!
(28-03-2012 07:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]You read right about the price of the optional Prestige wheels. Makes me wonder if LR supplied the car with them on to forestall any comments about the (not) harsh ride on 20's. Yes all the rest is very interesting reading. BTW how do you get the online version of auto car?

Most of the press cars are on 19" regardless of whether they are dynamic, prestige or pure.
(28-03-2012 06:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]They averaged 30.5mpg, but make no comment about it's economy, unlike the Lexus CT200h two pages further on which they rate as disappointing at 50mpg against a claimed 68.9 by Lexus.

British car magazine reviewing a British car, maybe that has something to do with it.
(28-03-2012 06:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Strange though that they claim that the Dynamic setting of the TR is only an adjuster for the suspension settings?
I thought that pretty much was the only difference? (other than turning the dials red of course!)
Good to see both autocar and auto express both getting their Evoques. Funnily enough both mags have specced their cars to the eyeballs.
To Claud: Thanks for details on ipad download, makes life easier. Now finished the mag and onto ads for private plates.
(28-03-2012 09:11pm)simonc Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that pretty much was the only difference? (other than turning the dials red of course!)
It also changes the steering set-up
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's