babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Rear Camera Shaded Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been looking at the manual and it mentions a shaded area on the rear camera that relates to the safe opening area of the tailgate, I only seem to have the yellow tramlines and the coloured blocks when the sensors become active, I could have sworn I saw the shaded area the first day we got it but now can't see them, anyone any ideas?
I thought the yellow tram lines had extra markers on them for the extra distance required to open the tail gate, dont remember the area being shaded.
(26-03-2012 11:03pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the yellow tram lines had extra markers on them for the extra distance required to open the tail gate, dont remember the area being shaded.

One of the red blocks is for the tail gate clearance.
(26-03-2012 11:03pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the yellow tram lines had extra markers on them for the extra distance required to open the tail gate, dont remember the area being shaded.

Good, I think this is the case, they are little horizontals off the dotted line. In the Quick Guide you get, it definitely mentions the Shaded Area though and I really thought I had seen it too! It also says in the manual about a brief touch disabling the rear camera and a long hold bringing the overlay options up, but all I find I can do is touch to get overlay options, nothing elseConfused
I thought the coloured blocks were illustrating safe tail gate opening. Will check manual again tomorrow!
(26-03-2012 11:08pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the coloured blocks were illustrating safe tail gate opening. Will check manual again tomorrow!

Coloured blocks relate to individual sensr activation, there should be 4. If you look at the quick guide you will see what I am babbling about! If no one else has any other form of shaded area, not coloured blocks, then ours must be ok!
(26-03-2012 11:08pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the coloured blocks were illustrating safe tail gate opening. Will check manual again tomorrow!

Only one of the two, the other is for normal rear parking clearance.
^ +1
(26-03-2012 11:11pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Only one of the two, the other is for normal rear parking clearance.

Do you have a shaded area though that is overlaid and there no matter how close you are to an object?
(26-03-2012 11:15pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a shaded area though that is overlaid and there no matter how close you are to an object?

No, they appear as required. Only the yellow solid and dotted lines are permanent in reverse.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's