babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Cancelling Order.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, I'm going to have to cancel my order. Bit of a kick in the teeth after having my order in for 4 and a half months with 2 to go, but there you go, I can't do much about it.
I'm hoping that the dealer will give my order to the next in line, but they may try and intice a new order out of someone with the promise of a quick delivery.
Before I cancel though, has anyone heard of any good finance deals? The Land Rover one is c**p. That and them offering me £3k less than the glass's part-ex value on my car(another kick in the teeth)....
And what kind of finance were you after? PCP, Personal Contract Hire, Lease purchase??
I've never really done finance before, so really don't know much about it. Normally I've saved up for the car, and bought it outright, but can't do that now. I guess I'm looking for the cheapest long term ownership option. Guess I'm clutching at straws a bit here.
Thought lease might be good as it frees up the cash i have in my current car, which I can use to pay the first years lease cost, but thought if I did that, I'd have to reorder the car? or could the lease company use my existing order?
Have you tried speaking to the lease company? They can sometimes be quite imaginative when it comes to loosing a client! Even banks can be quite flexible as I had a major life changing situation just after ordering a TVR in the 1980's and was amazed with the proposal that they made to me to keep me in the car - helped that the Bank Manager was a fully fledged petrol head who owned a 1960's Aston though
After allowing for my part ex and the cash I have to put towards the purchase, I expect to be 14,500 short. Other posters here have recommended M&S money, who will offer 6%apr on loans between 7,500 and 15k. £14,500 over 24 months with them will cost me £620 per month. If the supply problems mean that residuals will be sky high in 2 years time, I might swap for a new one then and I hope not to have lost £14,500 in 2 years so the next one should cost me less per month. M&S money also do a car buying plan where a balloon payment at the end of the agreement makes the monthly repayments cheaper
(26-03-2012 06:15pm)Craig_d1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've never really done finance before, so really don't know much about it. Normally I've saved up for the car, and bought it outright, but can't do that now. I guess I'm looking for the cheapest long term ownership option. Guess I'm clutching at straws a bit here.
Thought lease might be good as it frees up the cash i have in my current car, which I can use to pay the first years lease cost, but thought if I did that, I'd have to reorder the car? or could the lease company use my existing order?

We are conditioned to want to own things especially cars outright when in truth they are terrible investments, depreciate rapidly on top of already high running costs.

Landrover do 'Private Contract Hire' so you might want to talk to them about that? Also a leasing company will happily talk to your dealer - its just a unit to them and the leasing company will struggle to get any discount anyway. If you really want to be in an Evoque then there will be a way.
(26-03-2012 05:48pm)Craig_d1 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, I'm going to have to cancel my order. Bit of a kick in the teeth after having my order in for 4 and a half months with 2 to go, but there you go, I can't do much about it.
I'm hoping that the dealer will give my order to the next in line, but they may try and intice a new order out of someone with the promise of a quick delivery.
Before I cancel though, has anyone heard of any good finance deals? The Land Rover one is c**p. That and them offering me £3k less than the glass's part-ex value on my car(another kick in the teeth)....

Sorry to hear this Craig.

Might be best to cancel and sit tight rather than put any undue financial pressure on. Haven't you already had an Evoque and sold it?? If so why do you want another one if the first one didn't tickle your fancy?? Don't mean to seem intrusive by the way so if you think I am being nosey just tell me to sod off!!!
Wife got offered 6.5 santander and 6.9 with lr, took 6.2 in the end with close motor finance who we previously used. This was hire purchase with balloon.
We're financing ours through our mortgage, 16 years at roughly £100 a month for £20k on top of my house, obviously I'm looking to pay off in about 4 or 5 years. Dont know what your mortgage situation is like but worth considering.

By my calculations paying off the £20k in 5 years (when my mortgage minimum term is up) will only cost about £2000 in interest, taking out a loan for the £20k would have been about double that and if things change and i cant pay the mortgage any quicker then its only about £7500 interest over 16 years
Call me old fashioned but if you are considering cancelling due to financial reasons, and also thinking of funding the leasing costs from your current car sale sounds mad to me.

I'd get my finances sorted first and then buy one in the future when you can afford it.

Simples
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's