babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Damage to the hood paintwork (where the coupe vents are)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sJust noticed the damage on my hood, where the coupe vents are Sad I am sure it wasn't done by me, and happened somewhere in the delivery process.... Already sent pictures to the dealer and waiting for the further news...
Is down to bare metal, or have they been painted over? hard to tell in the pics.
(26-03-2012 12:03pm)Sarcastrix Wrote: [ -> ]Is down to bare metal, or have they been painted over? hard to tell in the pics.

It seems that it has paint over it, it just the top layer that was damaged
Looks like stone chips touched in before delivery. The car might have picked them up en route and the dealer has done a poor job.
i agree they do look touched in - they don't particularly look like stone chips based on where they are and the cluster - I'd have expected the bigger chip to be towards the front?
Looks like its been badly touched in. Could be from the transporter, something like a fixing strap dropping on to the bonnet.
Good Luck with your dealer on this one. It's going to be very hard to prove how & where the damage took place. How long have you had the car ?
Actually they look just the same as the chips I have on my bonnet leading edge and they have not been touched up.

[Image: 1cf95255.jpg]
I know it's hard to tell from a picture, but Tim's looks like the same colour around the outer face of the chip. But the other pictures around the bonnet vent look darker around the face, as if it's been touched in (note I said touched in & not up).
They say a picture never lies, but in this case it could.

P.S Tim, can you please remove these dead things from your bonnet before driving any ware Very Happy
Just thought. One way to prove it's been touched in, but not how is to lightly rub some IPA (isopropyl alcohol) over the area. This is fine if the factory paint is over 1 month old, but any fresh paint will come out on the cloth.
(26-03-2012 05:24pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]P.S Tim, can you please remove these dead things from your bonnet before driving any ware

Doug,I do drive my car around you know, these things seem to be attracted to the front for some reason. Wink Anyway just finished handwashing her in the evening shade, all red spots now gone, still plenty of tiny black zits along the plastic trim on each door though................ will have a go at them tomorrow as there isn't enough time to dry the car and treat it before it's time to listen to The Archers.
(26-03-2012 03:27pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like its been badly touched in. Could be from the transporter, something like a fixing strap dropping on to the bonnet.
Good Luck with your dealer on this one. It's going to be very hard to prove how & where the damage took place. How long have you had the car ?

Had the car for two months now, but spoke to the dealer yesterday and they said that they will forward it to LR Switzerland and then we'll see what happens, but so far it seems that they agree that it wasn't done by me...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's