babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Close shave shows another little Evoque safety feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Auto flashing Hazard Warning lights under emergency/heavy braking!

This morning I had to slam on the brakes, and I mean seriously slam them on at 60mph when a stupid t*at driving an Audi S4 coming the other way decided that he wasn't going to run over the pheasant that had just flown out onto the road and wanted to hit me head-on instead and veered right into my path.........

Brake pedal to the floor very very quickly, DSC kicked in, steering firmed up noticeably and the car pulled up straight and in a totally controlled way and then I heard the indicators clicking. I looked at the dash and both arrows were illuminating showing the Hazard Warning lights had come on!

The brakes on this car are even better than the Brembos I had on my last RRS. Fortunately we both managed to stop about 10feet apart and luckily the following car was a sensible 3-4 car lengths behind and was an RRSport and also stopped in an extremely short distance (thank goodness he wasn't tailgating!)
glad you and evoque are ok! Smile
(22-03-2012 06:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Auto flashing Hazard Warning lights under emergency/heavy braking!

This morning I had to slam on the brakes, and I mean seriously slam them on at 60mph when a stupid t*at driving an Audi S4 coming the other way decided that he wasn't going to run over the pheasant that had just flown out onto the road and wanted to hit me head-on instead and veered right into my path.........

Brake pedal to the floor very very quickly, DSC kicked in, steering firmed up noticeably and the car pulled up straight and in a totally controlled way and then I heard the indicators clicking. I looked at the dash and both arrows were illuminating showing the Hazard Warning lights had come on!

The brakes on this car are even better than the Brembos I had on my last RRS. Fortunately we both managed to stop about 10feet apart and luckily the following car was a sensible 3-4 car lengths behind and was an RRSport and also stopped in an extremely short distance (thank goodness he wasn't tailgating!)

Sorry you had to find out under those circumstances but I had been meaning to look up if this or flashing brake lights under hard breaking were a feature on the Evoque as I've seen it on a couple of cars and wasn't sure if it was an EU directive or something from the manufacturers.
They are the most stupid things in the animal kingdom...and pheasants are a close second!Very Happy
Well Avoided Tim, glad you and Evoque are ok, and good to know hazards are Auto! saves considering that with an emergency stop!
Censored Audi Drivers!!! Don't know how to drive!!!!!!
Hmm, not all Audi drivers are to$$ers, just those that buy S4s and can't drive them properly.
Glad you manged to avoid an impact Tim, the brakes are quite good as I found out having to brake suddenly approaching a round about recently.

The only time I have had hazards come on in a car automatically was when I hit a larger than usual Surrey pot hole which wrecked two of my then Mercedes low profile alloy wheels and tyres, the roll over bars jumped up, interior light came on and engine stopped. Modern cars have a wealth of safety systems which fortunately very few owners never find out about. The ECUs record all the events too, which can prove to be very useful to the police accident investigators and can often provide evidence which can be used in court. Land Rover warn you of this in the small print of the manuals ...........food for thought. Not an issue for safe law abiding drivers though.
I read that in the brochure but haven't had the need to do an emergency stop yet.
How was the pheasant?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's