babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Please Read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly I would like to say that the Range Rover Evogue is without doubt one of the best cars I have owned. I have only one issue with it, that being the poor radio reception. I have started a thread regarding this on this forum, but wanted to highlight it to the wider forum community.
The car we bought, a Dynamic in Fiji White 5 door (the wife's car actually), has a really annoying fault, ever since we have owned the car we have not had a great radio reception, compared to my wife's previous car and my RR Sport I can honestly say its rubbish.

I contacted my local dealer, who as always have been very patient and helpful, the car was looked at by one of their technicians who agreed it was poor, they even compared it with another Evoque, which was equally as disappointing. I was advised to contact "Landrover Customer Care" they informed me that they were not aware of an issue surrounding this problem.
The problem with my radio reception doesn't look like it is an isolated problem, I have had a number of correspondents from other Evogue owners with the same problem, all of then seem to have gone the same route with customer services with similar experiences. What I would like to do is encourage all Evoque owners that have the slightest reception problems to respond to this thread and/or alternatively call customer care on 08705 000500

The more people who voice their frustrations, the more likely they will come up with a fix.

Thanks
You you have poor reception with the DAB as well as the FM? I have found that the FM reception isn't brilliant but DAB way exceeds my expectations and I can hold the signal in places where there is no FM signal
(22-03-2012 11:20am)Kendo4165 Wrote: [ -> ]The more people who voice their frustrations, the more likely they will come up with a fix.

The more people who put a proper title to their posts, the more likely people will read it. Idea
Probably doesn't help the immediate request, but I have no issues or
concerns with radio reception in my Evoque whether DAB, FM, AM...

Has anyone tried to work out whether the reported issues are specific to one particular sound system?

Andy
Mine has terrible reception on Dab and FM, it has been annoying me since getting the car and the only reason I have not taken up a complaint is that my Evoque is being replaced next week (hopefully) and I will tell my dealer when I return the car back to them. I did however make a point of the poor reception issue on the LR questionnaire I was sent. If the reception is as bad on my new Evoque I will be making a complaint. Not only is the reception bad when on a journey, when selecting reverse gear as it makes this horrible fuzzy noise - is it suppose to cut the sound completely when reverse & the camera are engaged or make this awful fuzzy sound? Confused??:
Some Wiki info on DAB

Wikipedia Wrote:Disadvantages of DAB

Reception quality

The reception quality on DAB can be poor even for people that live well within the coverage area. The reason for this is that the old version of DAB uses weak error correction coding, so that when there are a lot of errors with the received data not enough of the errors can be corrected and a "bubbling mud" sound occurs. In some cases a complete loss of signal can happen. This situation will be improved upon in the new DAB standard (DAB+, discussed below) that uses stronger error correction coding and as additional transmitters are built.

Wikipedia Wrote:The typical bitrate for DAB programs is only 128 kbit/s and as a result most radio stations on DAB have a lower sound quality than FM, prompting a number of complaints.

I have HD radio (US car) and it also has poor reception and sound quality.
(22-03-2012 01:45pm)caroline11000 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine has terrible reception on Dab and FM, it has been annoying me since getting the car and the only reason I have not taken up a complaint is that my Evoque is being replaced next week (hopefully) and I will tell my dealer when I return the car back to them. I did however make a point of the poor reception issue on the LR questionnaire I was sent. If the reception is as bad on my new Evoque I will be making a complaint. Not only is the reception bad when on a journey, when selecting reverse gear as it makes this horrible fuzzy noise - is it suppose to cut the sound completely when reverse & the camera are engaged or make this awful fuzzy sound? Confused??:

My reception is exactly the same. Very poor on FM and DAB and gets worse when reverse is selected.
(22-03-2012 12:16pm)Sarcastrix Wrote: [ -> ]The more people who put a proper title to their posts, the more likely people will read it. Idea

Yes,I'm sure you have a point, but to be honest this has had more views and responses than the original thread I posted I have had much more feedback. I will bring this to the attention of Landrover when I contact them next. How is your radio.

Thanks
(22-03-2012 11:46am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]You you have poor reception with the DAB as well as the FM? I have found that the FM reception isn't brilliant but DAB way exceeds my expectations and I can hold the signal in places where there is no FM signal

Its both DAB and FM. I'm aware of the limitations DAB can have in certain parts of the country.

Thanks for the feedback.
DAB on mine is Excellent 100% coverage from Liverpool to Exeter to London. Maybe it depends on the station you are listening to? There seems to be 2 sets of transmitters BBC and Digital One. Planet Rock, Classic FM both Awesome reception...

Coverage maps.
http://www.mds975.co.uk/txmaps/DABmaps01.html

I didn't know we had FM/AM! Laughing
I agree with phillskill, I think it is related to the radio stations that you listen to.

In my maturity of age I tend to listen to radio 4 or sometimes radio 2 and that works really well when traveling N E S W.

I have noticed that on some of the smaller channels I do lose signal as other members have experienced, but I put that down to the UK transmitters and not the car, so far I have been really impressed with the DAB radio.

Hope this helps
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's