babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Mystery Storage Compartments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you haven't had a diesel car before then something else that can be annoying is the foaming that occurs with some brands of diesel, if you get this then the pump trip-out is often triggered making you think you have a full tank................ I've had diesel cars for years and find that it is mostly the "supermarket" brands that foam a lot, but to get over it I now fill the tank until I can see diesel in the filer neck, it can be tedious having to stop for a mint to let the foam die down so you can get the tank filled. I suspect the "majors" put anti-foaming agents into their fuel as I rarely have this problem when I use the local Shell or Jet forecourts
(09-04-2012 10:10am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you haven't had a diesel car before then something else that can be annoying is the foaming that occurs with some brands of diesel, if you get this then the pump trip-out is often triggered making you think you have a full tank................ I've had diesel cars for years and find that it is mostly the "supermarket" brands that foam a lot, but to get over it I now fill the tank until I can see diesel in the filer neck, it can be tedious having to stop for a mint to let the foam die down so you can get the tank filled. I suspect the "majors" put anti-foaming agents into their fuel as I rarely have this problem when I use the local Shell or Jet forecourts

I've had this a couple of times, but haven't discerned a pattern yet as to which brands are worst. It's an even bigger problem on my boat, as the fall into the tanks is so high, and some pumps feed at such a fast rate. If it spews out over the decks (which are teak) it makes a right mess.

(09-04-2012 10:10am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]it can be tedious having to stop for a mint to let the foam die down so you can get the tank filled.

I'll have to try this, although I've no idea how having fresh breath helps!!Laughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Blowing minty breath down the filler pipe might help kill the foaming!
That has the opposite effect on me! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's