babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: I have mine now..and am loving it...but.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have the following questions...and let me start of by apologising if these have been covered :

1) During the day..the DRL are on. These look Grrreat. When I indicate, the side I am indicating, the DRL goes faded...it looks like a car with only one front like working. Is this meant to happen?...are they trying to bring more emphasis on the indicator by dimming the DLR?

2) When I turn off the car, I hear a very High Pitched Noise...like something is running. I know that there are loads of systems in the car....but is meant to happen?

3) I tried Park Assist, and it failed....I had to stop the process as I am 100% that I would have hit the car in front, and that I would gone onto the curb

4) Just now, my dual view failed...and got stuck......whilst watching Top Gear on Dave!...is this a sign?

5) I do find it annoying that :

a) you can not Change the Temp for the whole car at the same time...only one side and then you have to change the other side

b) have the passenger seat electrically adjust up and down

c) the clarity of the reversing camera is not as clear when you reverse as it is...when you are just viewing the rear camera when looking at all camera's

d) it takes for ever to come out of reverse mode on the camera's after reversing (I know this has been discussed before)

But apart from these little niggles....I love the car Smile

Have so many peeps looking over..and coming to complement me on the car Smile

I thank you
Yes, DRLs dim when indicating

Yes, there is a high pitch - no-one has yet figured out what it actually is, but it does stop. It's also there when you start but you are probably in the car so haven't heard it.

Enjoy the car.
(12-03-2012 07:04pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, DRLs dim when indicating

Yes, there is a high pitch - no-one has yet figured out what it actually is, but it does stop. It's also there when you start but you are probably in the car so haven't heard it.

Enjoy the car.

Thanks for the clarifications, Im not sure if I like the DLR dimming function Sad
I suspect the high pitched noise could be the turbo continuing to be cooled after use (although I have never heard this on my own car but I do sit and let the engine run on idle for 3-4 minutes after stopping).

Park Assist, did you drive far enough forward until the system told you to stop?

Temperature, I don't understand what the problem is, you cannot sit in the entire car at once so why do you need to adjust the temperature everywhere - would you prefer to have the old system with no zones? also you can only have 6 degrees difference between left and right sides, a hardly noticable difference.
(12-03-2012 07:11pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect the high pitched noise could be the turbo continuing to be cooled after use (although I have never heard this on my own car but I do sit and let the engine run on idle for 3-4 minutes after stopping).

Park Assist, did you drive far enough forward until the system told you to stop?

Temperature, I don't understand what the problem is, you cannot sit in the entire car at once so why do you need to adjust the temperature everywhere - would you prefer to have the old system with no zones? also you can only have 6 degrees difference between left and right sides, a hardly noticable difference.

Park Assist - Yep...I followed the instructions in the display...still no joy

Temp - in the Lexus, it allows you to either have Dual (by pressing Dual) or not...so that when you change the temp settings..it changes it for the whole car. Just what I am used to...and I personally prefer it.
(12-03-2012 07:05pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the clarifications, Im not sure if I like the DLR dimming function Sad

It's a legal thing. If the DRL is in the same light unit as the indicator, I think the DRL isn't allowed to be on when indicating. The "dim DRL" probably is legally a "sidelight" or something like that. It does make sense though; you'd want someone to see your indicator light (I've noticed they're not clear at the rear of some cars with bright rear lights).
(12-03-2012 06:55pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote: [ -> ]2) When I turn off the car, I hear a very High Pitched Noise...like something is running. I know that there are loads of systems in the car....but is meant to happen?

I think the hissing sounds it the fuel pump i hear it all the time in the garage after i turn it off. it seems to come from the back driver side on mine.
I believe the hissing/ buzzing noise is as Tim suggested a pump that circulates either the coolant or oil (more likely to be coolant), I only hear it when the engine is switched off and you are getting out of the car, mine stops on until you have locked the car and the same when you come over to open the car. Have got used to it now.

Still got the strange banging noise that comes from the back, the first time I heard it I was convinced someone had driven into the back of me.

I agree with the dual air con, however I have got used to it and not having dual system in my previous car I am very grateful to have cool on my side whilst the boss is cooking on the other side.Very Happy
(12-03-2012 08:49pm)Westy Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the hissing/ buzzing noise is as Tim suggested a pump that circulates either the coolant or oil (more likely to be coolant), I only hear it when the engine is switched off and you are getting out of the car, mine stops on until you have locked the car and the same when you come over to open the car. Have got used to it now.

Still got the strange banging noise that comes from the back, the first time I heard it I was convinced someone had driven into the back of me.

I agree with the dual air con, however I have got used to it and not having dual system in my previous car I am very grateful to have cool on my side whilst the boss is cooking on the other side.Very Happy

I think the whistling noise is connected with the brakes. If you press the brake, you can get the noise to start again as often as you like.

(12-03-2012 06:55pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote: [ -> ]2) When I turn off the car, I hear a very High Pitched Noise...like something is running. I know that there are loads of systems in the car....but is meant to happen?

4) Just now, my dual view failed...and got stuck......whilst watching Top Gear on Dave!...is this a sign?

b) have the passenger seat electrically adjust up and down

c) the clarity of the reversing camera is not as clear when you reverse as it is...when you are just viewing the rear camera when looking at all camera's

2) See above. It's somthing to do with the brake servo, I think. It's certainly not a problem with your car, as everyone's does it.

4) Do you mean it stuck IN dual screen, or wouldn't enter that mode? If the former, have you tried pressing 'exit'? (Not 'cancel' as suggested in the handbook).

b) Only available on a Prestige, for some bizarre reason.

c) Is this not just a resolution thing? (The same effect you get when watching TV on a smaller screen).
Seriously, how often do people adjust the temperature? Mine came set at 20 each side and I have not changed it since. I would have thought you set it at your preferred temperature and leave it.

As for the DRL and the indicator, I think the standard indicator bulb is not bright enough to be plainly visible above the DRL hence the need to dim the DRL. Can't say I have noticed people pointing and laughing at my dimmed DRL. If anything, it shows an impressive attention detail, like the extra late drip wipe on the wash wipe cycles, the warning you don't have enough fuel to reach your destination from the SatNav and so on.

Besides, I hardly think a trumped-up Toyota is a model for anything LR should be following...

[I tried an SC430 once, what a joke of a car that was, felt like Noddy and Big Ears had lent it to me...]
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's