babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Changed my mind....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have on order a Barolo dynamic with verve (red/black) interior with Lux pack, privacy glass and ebony headlining. Have been unswayed in my opinion that this IS the car for me, with my only reservation being that the all black with red might be a bit flash for me............ UNTIL........

Last night I saw an Orkney grey dynamic with black contrast roof and black interior..... Wow! I loved the way the black trimmings (grill, vents etc) stand out as opposed to getting lost with the black. The black interior also is much classier I think.

I have therefore emailed my dealer to change spec. Should be plenty of time as not got build date yet (although that should be coming soon).

Have I don't the right thing?

Incidentally, when I called the dealer I was told that my sales person has left! So I have now been 'given' to someone else. Not too happy about that as had been really pleased with them so far.
Hahaha, we have the same dilemma, the only exception is we haven't placed an order yet.

We first started off loving the White, but that's the only colour we seemed to see on the road, so gradually went off that, also when viewed close, it's almost too white, i wish it had a more creamy finish, a little like the Cayanne..

So, our next choice was the O/G, with Black alloys & same colour roof (i can't decide if i think the Black roof makes the car look smaller in some way), anyway after getting our local dealer to stand an O/G & a Black next to each other outside, we decided on the Black as it seemed to look slightly more aggressive (if that's the right word), but now i'm thinking Grey again, i have the same opinion as you with the Black there's no contrast....decisions, decisions

To throw another spanner in the works, i can't even decide between a diesel or petrol version...
Yes, Black is not the best colour for a Dynamic as the Black external trim is lost whereas on the Pure & Prestige the Black is fine.
As for the all black interior, there are so many cars that have just "All Black" so the contrast options that the Evoque offer give a breath of fresh air.
IMO, I would prefer the Barolo to the Orkney.
although I might conceded the lines of the car are lost in some light with the black.
I agree that all black interior is a bit boring..... But want a dark colour (kids etc) and think that the red is a bit much. Ideally the verve interior would be predominately black (a bit like the lunar grey with green bits)..... But no such luck!

Without wanting to offend anyone, I also feel like Barolo with red/black interior and privacy glass might look a bit 'drug dealer' ish!!!!
Indus or Orkney with Black contrast is stunning, which was one of our earlier choices until SWMBO had a change of heart and went for Firenze, that has subsequently been changed, by the time we get our car I think it will look like Mr Blobby.
(12-03-2012 10:46pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Indus or Orkney with Black contrast is stunning, which was one of our earlier choices until SWMBO had a change of heart and went for Firenze, that has subsequently been changed, by the time we get our car I think it will look like Mr Blobby.

For what its worth I happened to drop by my dealer on March 1st and he had practically every colour lined up ready for delivery to lucky new owners. Most where white (almost 3/4) and IMO look a little girly (sorry peeps), closely followed by black and I have to agree I think the lines of the car are lost and it doesn't make the most of the Dynamic trim, then there were a few red, a very personal choice but to my mind doesn't suit the a RR but the colour is great. The silver is very bland. The clear winner for me was the Orkney grey with black roof as it really emphasises the cars lines and looks "special".
As for the verve interior I looked closely at this and the pursuit (grey) and whilst they both brightened the interior up I felt they both looked a little OTT (too much colour not enough black) and I think will become "old" very quickly.
For those of you who haven't had one a black car is a nightmare to keep scratch free (shows every swirl) and cream interiors look very grubby very quickly, I have an S5 cream/black so I know!
(12-03-2012 06:21pm)Rossy100 Wrote: [ -> ]Last night I saw an Orkney grey dynamic with black contrast roof and black interior..... Wow! I loved the way the black trimmings (grill, vents etc) stand out as opposed to getting lost with the black. The black interior also is much classier I think.

I have therefore emailed my dealer to change spec. Should be plenty of time as not got build date yet (although that should be coming soon).

Have I don't the right thing?

Well I picked up my OG dynamic with black contrast pano roof and black interior yesterday and I'm really pleased with it so far! Once there's another nice day of sun I'll get some more pics of it, but I took a couple of snaps of it yesterday which can be found over in the "My Evoque" section of the forum.
With the Pano roof and the small amount of chromed bits the Vortex and Velocity interiors are not a s dull as you would think. The one thing I would advise against though if you have the all black interior is the Strata IP finisher instead go for the textured aluminium, it looks nicer than the fake Grand Black effect of the Strata. Normally I avoid all black interiors but the Evoque's works well with the roof blind open
Having decided against the all black.... And changing my order to the OG with black roof..... I find myself wavering again - only this time am thinking of going to Firenze with black roof!

I want something that strikes the right balance between showing off the car, looking cool, but still classy. As per previous posts, I felt the Barolo/red interior would look very cool, but a bit too bling. Now I think maybe the Orkney is very classy but a bit boring! Firenze might just be in the middle, but I have never had a non black/white/grey/silver car before and am worried the colour novelty may wear off in future.

Decisions, decisions!!...would be easier if the car only came in one colour! (or if was already being built so I can't change mind!!)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's