babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: SE and East Anglia to get hose pipe ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just heard on the radio that due to 2 abnormally dry winters the SE and East Anglia will have a hose pipe ban from 5th April 2012...................
Does anyone know of any waterless washing systems for those who cannot use a hose to wash their car or any systems for minimising water use during car washing?
Next time I come south I'll have to hitch up my trailer and bring some of the surplus water we have up here!
(12-03-2012 01:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard on the radio that due to 2 abnormally dry winters the SE and East Anglia will have a hose pipe ban from 5th April 2012...................
Does anyone know of any waterless washing systems for those who cannot use a hose to wash their car or any systems for minimising water use during car washing?
Next time I come south I'll have to hitch up my trailer and bring some of the surplus water we have up here!

Use a two-bucket system with grit guards, at least it'll keep what water you've got cleaner.

(12-03-2012 03:10pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Use a two-bucket system with grit guards, at least it'll keep what water you've got cleaner.

....or move the another "somewhere" that's not got a ban!!Laughing
Buy bottled water to clean the car? Cool
(12-03-2012 04:39pm)Dimitrios Wrote: [ -> ]Buy bottled water to clean the car? Cool

Or make the water go further by diluting it.Laughing
I just phoned Southern Water & they confirmed I am Exempt. Smile Which is just as well really as they would be putting me out of business!
Reference URL's