babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Visibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

For the folks that have the Evoque for sone time, do you have issues with rear visibility as well as large mirrors obstructing the view? Did you get used to it?

My wife test drove the Evoque and complained about these visibility issues...

Thanks!
No, no issues with the rear visibility, you get used to it and it isn't as bad as the motoring magazines make out. I came from bigger Range Rovers so was used to driving a greenhouse with small window pillars and small blindspots , it hasn't been the problem I imagined it was going to be. The large mirrors are really good and the reversing cam is a big assistance. Yes the large mirrors can cause a blind spot looking forward, but they aren't an issue that spoils enjoyment of the car and I would sooner have big mirrors than the silly knife blade things that LRX was shown with, at least you can use big mirrors. The biggest problem with the huge wing mirrors is the wind noise they create, my last FFRR had special acoustic side glass that nullified that wind noise, a little surprised LR hasn't offered it on the Evoque yet.
No issues with visibility at all...the rear camera is a 'must have' if you want to be sure you are not running over a dog or a cat...but that applies to 90% of the cars I've owned.
see thread 07.03
No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.
You would soon get used to it.
The door mirrors don't bother me at all. I"m 5'11". If you're about 5', I can imagine they could impede your view moderately, if you can't raise the seat enough.

Rear visibility seems fine to me in the 5 door model (with camera, though I don't look at it much). I have come from an Audi A3 Cabriolet though..
(10-03-2012 06:03pm)mickydd Wrote: [ -> ]No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.

+1
(10-03-2012 06:03pm)mickydd Wrote: [ -> ]No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.
+ 2 agree totally, living in London never had any problems parking or reversing.
Thank You all.
My wife will try the Evoque once more (now around town) and I think finally we are going to join the Evoque club Smile
Reference URL's