babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ordered today a couple of questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All
Coming from an Audi S5 4.2 V8 need something more practical and comfortable, ordered a 3.0 TDV6 Touareg, drove the Evoque and cancelled it!
Ordered today an SD4 Auto, 5 door, Dynamic in Orkney Grey with Black Pano roof, style 7 shadow wheels, Privacy and Auto Dimming RVM.
Apologies if there are other threads covering this but two questions:
Are there any options that you have on your BabyRR that you couldn't live without that I haven't got?
Anyone drove the Si4 and SD4 back to back?
This will be the first diesel I have owned for almost 20 years and the first engine with less than 6 Cylinders, just a bit worried that the SD4 will be slow and noisy! Coming from a 4.2 V8 MPG is not my biggest concern as I only do sub 10K miles per annum mostly town driving with weekend towing (Jetski) in the summer and some longer business trips any thoughts?
The sd4 is certainly not slow and mine isn't noisy.
But if you are doing only 10k pa and town driving then you may not be doing the mileage to keep the DPF in it's best condition, the petrol might be more suited for you. Would recommend the Lux pack - the electric boot release is also very useful and you may find the Tow Assist function useful for hitching up.

I have the SD4 Dynamic LUX Plus and concur with CJFP. Came from a 2010My TDv8 Range Rover Vogue to the Evoque, Evoque is as comfortable on a long haul, cruises more quietly but doesn't have the boot capacity or the creamy V8 diesel!
(09-03-2012 06:25pm)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All
Coming from an Audi S5 4.2 V8 need something more practical and comfortable, ordered a 3.0 TDV6 Touareg, drove the Evoque and cancelled it!
Ordered today an SD4 Auto, 5 door, Dynamic in Orkney Grey with Black Pano roof, style 7 shadow wheels, Privacy and Auto Dimming RVM.
Apologies if there are other threads covering this but two questions:
Are there any options that you have on your BabyRR that you couldn't live without that I haven't got?
Anyone drove the Si4 and SD4 back to back?
This will be the first diesel I have owned for almost 20 years and the first engine with less than 6 Cylinders, just a bit worried that the SD4 will be slow and noisy! Coming from a 4.2 V8 MPG is not my biggest concern as I only do sub 10K miles per annum mostly town driving with weekend towing (Jetski) in the summer and some longer business trips any thoughts?

The heated steering wheel is great, well worth having, and everyone who has one seems to like it. I also rate the adaptive headlamps and auto high beam assist, although not everyone does.
(09-03-2012 06:25pm)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone drove the Si4 and SD4 back to back?

I did and it had to be the Si4, I personally felt it was a different car it felt lighter more responsive and just wanted to go whereas the diesel felt like you had to work it hard to get it to go - but like you I came from a sporty car (Merc SL500) and I do less than 10k miles a year so the fuel costs aren't really a concern and on the 50 mile extended trip home after picking it up it was averaging over 26 mpg.

Just personally choice as they are both great cars but I would definitely test drive them back to back before you decide.

I would recommend the Dynamic Lux you won't be disappointed
Thanks, mmmm think I'll test drive the Si4 based on your replies, any idea if it make a difference to delivery as I'm already being quoted 6 months!
Full fat, you mention a tow pack, my dealer told me the towbar was dealer fit? Is he just trying to make more margin?
(09-03-2012 09:25pm)stiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, mmmm think I'll test drive the Si4 based on your replies, any idea if it make a difference to delivery as I'm already being quoted 6 months!
Full fat, you mention a tow pack, my dealer told me the towbar was dealer fit? Is he just trying to make more margin?

I've driven quite a few 3.0 TDIV6 Audi's and it’s a very good engine. I picked up an SD4 auto yesterday and like you my first diesel in a long time. It's quiet and quite refined but not a match for a V6. However it’s down to your personal circumstances, a Touareg is huge compared to an Evoque! Your mileage does suggest that the petrol SI4 would be the better choice; it will rev and have more of that turbo feel which may help in comparison to your S5.

I for one am more than happy and changed my S3 for it and its only early doors but I’m not missing it..!
Stiggy,
My spec very similar to yours, and while everyone talks about the high teh add ons they couldnt be without, for me the number one add on has to be the spare wheel. It would really detract from the enjoyment of the car to get a puncture, then fiddle with a can of foam and find it doesnt work. the can of foam isnt going to help you with a nasty side wall tear either, so go for a spare wheel.
Had a spare wheel and removed it but take your point, could be a disaster if I was towing at the time !

When you look closely at the specs a Touareg is not much bigger where it matters I.e ground Clarence, rear legroom and boot space with the seats up, just so boring though!!!

Loved my A3 3.2 Quattro best car I ever owned and that includes the S5 and a 645Ci
I drove the SD4 & SI4 back to back and for me there was no comparison. The SI4 had a better sound and seemed much nippier. Agree with Stiggy the spare wheel is a must, having been stranded in France waiting for a spare for a week in my BMW - the repair kit just wouldn't have helped at all!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's