babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Automatic Door Locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simple question I forgot to ask when ordering, do doors lock automatically when vehicle moves off, or do you have to lock manually?
Yes they do, however you can change that to suit your requirements on the car.
(09-03-2012 11:26am)durchy Wrote: [ -> ]Simple question I forgot to ask when ordering, do doors lock automatically when vehicle moves off, or do you have to lock manually?

Thats your choice! you can choose either..Very Happy

You can select:

From the button on right hand side of the steering wheel scroll down to option 'door drive away' then you can set..
OFF
5MPH
10MPH
20MPH
Do they lock automatically if you walk away from the car for a while? My FiL's Lexus does that and while it can be annoying if you're loading/unloading, it's a useful feature
(09-03-2012 12:31pm)Tosh Wrote: [ -> ]Do they lock automatically if you walk away from the car for a while? My FiL's Lexus does that and while it can be annoying if you're loading/unloading, it's a useful feature

Yes, if you unlock the car and walkaway..mine does this after about 30 seconds.
(09-03-2012 12:38pm)cutter7 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if you unlock the car and walkaway..mine does this after about 30 seconds.

Do you have keyless entry for that feature?
IIRC It will relock after 30secs unless you have already opened a door
I drove off last night and the locks started locking and unlocking like crazy and carried on doing it until I pulled over and unlocked and locked the car.

At first I thought the remote button was being pressed but it carried on after I took the remote out of my pocket.
*Queue spooky Jaws movie music*
Reference URL's