babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Interior Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car has been in with the dealer for the last 2 days for front and rear mudflaps to be fitted and more importantly to try to find out why my interior lights do not come on via the remote(both) when you press the unlock button once when approaching the car as it says it should do in the manual. Dealer has informed me that they have been in contact several times with LR throughout the last couple of days and because the Evoque is still a new car, neither of them can work out why it isn't doing what it should be doing. The only way it now seems to work which by the way it wasn't doing before it went in, is if you press the unlock button twice. When I collected it this evening, I informed that it could be a software issue, or something wrong with the remote, although it does the same with both or just the fact that it is a pure and it may be different from the other 2 models and the manual may be wrong, which I find very hard to believe. In other words, I don't think they have a clue.

Now I know some people would say as long as it's working albeit not the way it should, then what's the problem. However, like a lot of other people on this forum, I have spent a lot of hard earned money on this car and would expect it to do exactly what it says on the tin and if it didn't, then at least some body within LR knowing what the problem is or being able to fix it.

Has anyone else come across this problem??

Can anyone help out or has the same problem.
Not had any problems, but can confirm that the Interior lights should come on in a PURE when the car unlocks.
Good luck on this problem. Had a strange fault on a Ford once, the dealer had to wipe the ECU for the engine & start again to clear the problem.
Was told when I had my Discovery, that it had 11 ECU'sShocked
See the tips and tricks section your solution is there!

Hold the interior lights for more than 2 seconds and open close the door!

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Interior-...ot-working
Thanks for the reply however, it's not the fact that the interior lights aren't working because they do, it's just that they don't come on when you press the unlock button on the remote like they should do according to LR and the manual.

After unlocking the car via the remote, the lights do come on, but only after I have opened any one of the doors or boot!!!
Does the screen saver also stay off on the centre screen?
Tim,

To be honest I haven't looked at the screen. Won't be able to do this until I finish work later this afternoon as the car is at home.
Usually there shold be a setting for the remote that either unlocks only the drivers door or it unlocks all the doors from 1 press of the button. Have you tried the unlock all doors setting
yep and still no joyCryingCryingCrying
(08-03-2012 12:21am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]See the tips and tricks section your solution is there!

Hold the interior lights for more than 2 seconds and open close the door!

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Interior-...ot-working

Place your finger over the centre console light for 2-3 seconds,the lights will flash twice and then you will see a message between your clock dials that will read interior lights off, or interior lights auto.

When auto mode is selected step out of the car, lock and then un-lock the car and your interior lights front,rear, and footwells should all work! Very Happy
I tried to replicate musher issue with auto interior lights on and off - couldn't do it!

Musher - we need to go hitech - can you post a video showing it happening with both auto interior lights on and auto interior lights off.
Reference URL's