babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is it worth getting extras!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Haven't got my car yet but I asked my dealer about px prices in a years time and he told me extras would not be taken into consideration towards my next car. I have spent about £3000 on extrasEvil
What car, what extras?
(06-03-2012 11:13pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]What car, what extras?

Its in my signature.
You should get around 10% of the cost, come PX time after 3 years.
I see it as my toys for that time, knowing that I will lose come resale. Still not good Evil
This s one of the main reasons we upgraded to a Prestige, our Pure was coming out at £6k over with extras which wouldn't be worth a carrot come sale time, not a smart move.

You should get these extras if YOU want them and accept they aren't going to have any residual value. It's the same with any new car, just have to accept it, or don't get them
Extras are exactly what they say on the tin "EXTRAS" they are your preference, for you to enjoy, and I don't think "what I am going to get for them in 3 years time" So to say it is silly to load up your car it's just not true, its how you want the car to look and for your own comfort and enjoyment for the years that you own it
The advantage of some extras is that they will help to sell your car over someone elses, usually things like satnav are the best.

I've added front fogs and front parking sensors to my pure plus pano roof, all will add appeal come resale.

My power close tailgate is for us!
In the case of the Evoque the LUX pack has loads of extras & becomes a model derriative which will be reflected in residial values though anything else won't.
The car is badged as a Range Rover so people looking at used examples will have certain expectations, it might be easier to list things to avoid to reduce the risk of loosing too much money!
2WD, Manual gear boxes, unusual colour schemes, garish interior colour schemes, any mention of Victoria Beckham, solid paint on cars where metallic is an NCO. It could be argued that a Panoramic roof is essential on a Coupe, especially one with a dark interior colour scheme (I don't think my sun blind has been closed since I took delivery and Matt at LPR showed me how to open and close it!). The Evoque has been a strange car engine wise for LR because they couldn't shift the 3.2ltr straight6 Freelander for love nor money in the UK yet the Si4 is proving quite popular.
As The Valeter mentions there are the 2 Lux derivatives of Prestige and Dynamic that are considered to be stand-alone models in their own right so will be worth a bit more than the standard car.
I'm not too worried if I loose a fortune on the extras, I've specced the car for my driving pleasure, not the pleasure of the next owner and so far I have one extra on my car that I have never used - auto parking, but then I also haven't used the USB socket or the Dvd/Cd player either, but I have watched the telly and used the dual view screen.
We all work hard (hopefully) and pay our taxes (f@&£-/!!) so my view is to get whatever toys you can afford and enjoy them for the time you own the car.

Mine is quite a basic spec pure, with mostly exterior options, but (to me) it looks the business and will do me proud for a few years yet. I would think that the used Evoque Market will remain strong for 2-3 years, but whether or not you lose money the ones with the toys will always sell easier.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's