babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Why no grab handles in the roof lining?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simples, there are side airbags/curtains all along the header rail above the doors................... screwing grab handles into them wouldn't do them a lot of good and if they were ever to be activated those sitting close to the curtain airbags would be hit in the head by a grab handle flying at supsersconic speed and then the screws to attach the gabs would finish off the job of killing the passengers.
Lame excuse Razz i'be had loads of cars with side airbags and grab handles. They have been designed out on this model.
(02-03-2012 08:16pm)Sarcastrix Wrote: [ -> ]Lame excuse Razz i'be had loads of cars with side airbags and grab handles. They have been designed out on this model.
Wholeheartedly agree. They managed it no problem on the FL2!
(02-03-2012 08:16pm)Sarcastrix Wrote: [ -> ]Lame excuse Razz i'be had loads of cars with side airbags and grab handles. They have been designed out on this model.

+1
FullFatTim, please could you add this idea to The List?
Maybe LR didn't want "Coathanger Man" buying the Evoque!!
(02-03-2012 10:30pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe LR didn't want "Coathanger Man" buying the Evoque!!

LOL. Sounds like a line from a "They Might Be Giants" song...

But seriously, the little coathanger hook doesn't look up to the task. I'd like me some grab handles please. Off topic, but has anyone tried those car seat coat racks such as this?

[Image: 417ztfkIuGL._SX394_.jpg]
But there are coat hanger hooks that fold out of the courtesy light fittings!
Grab handles would certainly be helpful when trying to exit from the rear seats in the coupe
Reference URL's