babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Wheel nut COVER removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Ive noticed (after 4 months of owning the car!) that my wheel nuts have covers on, i have the spare tyre but i cannot seem to find a tool for removing these covers, my neighbour says ill scratch them getting them off, which is what prompted me to ask you nice people if im missing something or if theres an easy way to get them off?
many thanks
Onebigjobby
There are no covers on the wheel nuts. Three weeks ago when I had the summer 20's replaced with the winter 19's the tyre fitter just undid the locking nut with the key that is in the boot and then put the air gun on the rest to undo them, no damage was done to the "covers". I saw the whole wheel change from start to finish. BTW the wheel nut torque is in the owner's manual hidden away, but at least it is in there, something Land Rover hasn't always printed in the manuals in the passed
Same here -no covers. Can you post a photo?
im working nights but ill check again tomorrow
Just checked again today, they are the nuts, my bad.
I blame my neighbour he said they were covers!
Tnx all who replied Smile
Onebigjobby
Your neighbour isn't 100% wrong, just got the wrong car! Some older Land Rovers do have wheel nut covers on the locking nut so it looks like all the others on the wheel
Where is the key for unlocking the wheel nuts located? All my other LRs had them in the glove box.
(03-03-2012 08:23pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the key for unlocking the wheel nuts located? All my other LRs had them in the glove box.

In the boot under the floor cover - mine is in a bag wrapped around it so not immediately obvious what it was.
Reference URL's