babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Newbee & Question ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, great forum btw and loaded with top information.

I joined the forum about 3 weeks ago when i knew the delivery was imminent. Hopefully in the next 1 to 2 weeks I’ll be picking up my 5 door SD4 Auto Prestige in Orkney Grey. It has privacy glass, Ebony Black leather, Ebony lining, pan roof and spare wheel as opposed to the kit. Have to say with the new plate out today been looking in envy and cannot wait for mine to turn up Very Happy... It was built on Monday 27th Feb and having sleepless nights waiting for the call..!

Quick question, i ran an insurance quote with my current insurer which is Swiftcover and they won't cover unless it has a Tracker fitted - how rubbish, anyone else insured with Swiftcover without a Tracker fitted..?

Thank You
S
Welcome, Checkout the insurance threads, many companies dont require a tracker, and also make sure they cover the pano roof as glass excess, Admiral do but you must explicily tell them about options to ensure cover, didnt cost extra either.
Thanks for the advice.

They won't cover a car over 40K in value without a Tracker so i will cancel when i collect and insure with another company. I will now look into cover for the pano roof and appreciate your guidance on it - to be honest it never even crossed my mind.

S
I was with Swiftcover and had the same problem. Moved to Aviva at a lower premium and no tracker requirement.
Any of the Insurers that are related to Direct-Line (Admiral and Churchill I think) are owned via the Royal Bank of Scotland by you and me. RBS also owns the company that sells Trakker which is why they insist on cars over £40k having one.
My wife got a quote from her insurance company LV for the Evoque and they didn't require a Tracker, they just said it had to have an Alarm and ImmobiliserQuestion To which she replied they are factory fitted, shouldn't they know that??

Anyway was happy that her premiums weren't going up too much, Annual Premium was about £550Very Happy Thought that was pretty good to be honest was expecting more!!
I've had a couple of quotes around the £430 mark without Tracker but i need to speak to them regarding the roof to put my mind at ease.

Swift wanted another £100 extra and a Tracker which is around £190 + yearly fee - don't know about you but if someone wants it,, i certainly don't want it back, no chance..!!
(02-03-2012 10:59pm)SiT Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a couple of quotes around the £430 mark without Tracker but i need to speak to them regarding the roof to put my mind at ease.

Swift wanted another £100 extra and a Tracker which is around £190 + yearly fee - don't know about you but if someone wants it,, i certainly don't want it back, no chance..!!

I agree, would never have a tracker on any of my cars, if someone wants it that much, I certainly wouldn't want ot back!!!

Agree about the Pano roof, I told them on the phone and they said as long as its Factory Fitted its not a modification, but thats not the point, want to make sure its covered under the glass section!
Reference URL's