babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Im worried
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm a bit worried about the evoques performance in the snow. Do you think he was using the "snow setting"? On some video's you do see it handle well.

However when you watch this

at 1:59 onwards

Its a bit dissapointing considering my current Panda can do this:

(28-02-2012 02:19pm)normangt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit worried about the evoques performance in the snow. Do you think he was using the "snow setting"? On some video's you do see it handle well.

However when you watch this

at 1:59 onwards

Its a bit dissapointing considering my current Panda can do this:

Not sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Watch this - very impressive.
(28-02-2012 02:24pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Watch this - very impressive.

yes thats fine but the video is on ice and compacted snow...not what I would call deep snow.
If you are worried about snow performance for the 5 days a year we get snow that shuts down the road network in Scotland then stick with the Panda or buy an RRS and fit proper snow tyres. Land Rover are not marketing the Evoque as a go anywhere SUV they are marketing it as a car, as opposed to an SUV, with some versions having 4WD. I don't recall seeing anything claiming any radical offroad performance from LR - all the ads I have seen show it on city streets.
You find out why it gets stuck at 1:45 ... the RRS has winter tyres and the RRE has summer tyres.

A FWD 1.0l Vx Nova with proper winter tyres will out drive a FFRR with all-season tyres in the snow. (within reason)

The should have stuck and old defender in the test Twisted Evil
(28-02-2012 03:12pm)Sarcastrix Wrote: [ -> ]You find out why it gets stuck at 1:45 ... the RRS has winter tyres and the RRE has summer tyres.
An easy way to 'beat' the Evoque, literally and metaphorically Very Happy
(28-02-2012 02:33pm)normangt Wrote: [ -> ]yes thats fine but the video is on ice and compacted snow...not what I would call deep snow.

Like you get in the UK or Alaska?
Like we got in Scotland last year!
Maybe normangt lives in the South East where .5 inches of snow results in total gridlock and chaos Wink
I thought gridlock and chaos was a nationwide thing in the event of even a dusting of snow!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's