babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: PICTURES PRE DELIVERY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[attachment=1583]Can any one help with a request for pictures of the interior with all the plastic protection from the factory straight off the transporter into the dealer compound. The problem that I have is that I went to view car today in compound and no plastic protection on the seats and steering wheel and I am sure these should be in place so may have to reject car as I find this a major issue for myself.
(25-02-2012 08:29pm)garryforrestuk Wrote: [ -> ]Can any one help with a request for pictures of the interior with all the plastic protection from the factory straight off the transporter into the dealer compound. The problem that I have is that I went to view car today in compound and no plastic protection on the seats and steering wheel and I am sure these should be in place so may have to reject car as I find this a major issue for myself.

Here's two interior pictures of mine as it was delivered to the dealer.

It also had a cover over the steering wheel but I removed this.

[Image: IMG_0184.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0186.jpg]

Hope that helps.

Not sure I would reject a vehicle because of this though. The covers are to protect the seat from possible damage. If there is no damage anyway then there is nothing lost. If you do see damage then that's a different story. Just inspect it with a fine tooth comb and if it looks good then get your car and enjoy it.
Thank you for the quick response thats the way it should be.
Garry, I'm not sure I understand; you want to reject the car because some bits of plastics packaging that are thrown away are not there? Surely if the cars to specification it doesn't matter?
Sorry Garry, but you are going to have a very hard task if not impossible for rejecting the car on these grounds. Why bother?
If you try and reject the over something like that you'll be laughed out of the dealership and proberley the forum. Most, if not all of the plastic is removed at the dealers PDI centre. Some times its onsite and somethimes its offsite for example most BMWs go direct to Thorne near Doncaster to be peeped before being sent to the dealer.

Now if the plastic has gone, its got 30+ miles on the clock and a stack of Mcd's wrappers on the backseat then I'd be concerned Wink
The dealership took the plastic protective covers off immediately after delivery of mine, to take photographs to send to me. As MartinP says, as long as there is no damage it makes little difference.
Interesting that LR has reverted to using what look like polythene bags for protection as mine was delivered to LPR with recyclable woven proper fitted car seat covers that I managed to save from the recycling bin as they are really good quality. The green credentials are slipping all ready!
It is also possible garry that your car has already gone through PDI if you are taking delivery on 1st March - the entire PDI only takes something like 3 hours maximum and the dealer possibly has a lot of Evoques to put out on March 1.
They were the Lux version Laughing
True! So that is what the extra money gets you, a set of recyclable seat covers!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's