babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Paradise by the dashboard light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not a problem but on my drive this morning through the usual wooded country lanes, the Dashboard lights we bright, then dim, then bright, then dim, then... you get the point! I don't mean every other second just a few minutes here and there. Haven't noticed it before, so light levels must just be at the changover point. Seemed like they should have been dim, as really noticed when it went bright, so a bit more hysteresis LR please... or make it adjustable with the Headlights!!!
I've noticed mine doing that and its quite annoying - there is a setting on the nav screen to use either auto/day/night colour themes but not sure if this also changes the light level on the dash.
Is the headlights on icon illuminating at the same time - if so it means the auto on headlights are switching on and off with the light level changing and setting the dash to the night level
I concur with Xfft on this.
(22-02-2012 09:49am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Is the headlights on icon illuminating at the same time - if so it means the auto on headlights are switching on and off with the light level changing and setting the dash to the night level

Good question - will keep an eye on whether the two coincide.
Is your windscreen particularly dirty? I wonder if that could be affecting the sensor.
(22-02-2012 10:33am)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]Is your windscreen particularly dirty? I wonder if that could be affecting the sensor.

Not in my case - I hadn't noticed the lights coming on and off just the dash dimming during the day but will keep a close eye on the lights.
(22-02-2012 10:59am)WB Wrote: [ -> ]Not in my case - I hadn't noticed the lights coming on and off just the dash dimming during the day but will keep a close eye on the lights.

Shouldn't it dim at night?
(22-02-2012 11:16am)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't it dim at night?

Yes it should dim at night but in my case and PhilSkill's we've noticed dimming during the day...
(22-02-2012 11:22am)WB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it should dim at night but in my case and PhilSkill's we've noticed dimming during the day...

That would be ideal if you were thinking of emigrating to Australia! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's