babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: does anybody know if a thule 1600 atlantis cargo box fit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know if a thule 1600 atlantis fit on the factory oem cross bars. Also if the rear tail gate door will have any complication opening fully. Just dont want the cargo box to obstruct the way it opens. Thanks
Do you have the electric tailgate lifter?
(19-02-2012 10:52pm)exigejoe Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know if a thule 1600 atlantis fit on the factory oem cross bars. Also if the rear tail gate door will have any complication opening fully. Just dont want the cargo box to obstruct the way it opens. Thanks

Don't know about the roof box as they fit in so many different ways. My experience so far of the bars is that they are oversize when compared against Thule's own aero bars. Am having to adapt my back racks to the Thule "T" fittings but I think we'll get there on that one when I get hold of ones with the right threading.

I have a Karrite box and have found the "u" clamps will just fit snugly on around the bars. So fingers crossed! Been too busy with the car to waste time trying to see if the topbox will fit. Hope the top box won't impede opening as the crossbars are actually quite well forward.
It has what i call eagle claw like clamping so i think it might fit onto the cross bars. just want to make sure before buying. and yes i have electric tail gate.
Then Joe, you can set the limit of the rise of the tailgate so it will not hit the roof box! Setting up the electric tailgate opening limiter is on P10 of the owner's manual.
Reference URL's